Coffee Drinkers & Bean Grinders

Coffee Drinkers & Bean Grinders

I agree. Just make sure you're doing it because you want to..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Funny, my wife said the same thing....I have to have a morning/night routine of some sort, I get antsy if I don’t.... I figure a cup of coffee every morning and occasionally at dinner is better than 1-2 pints of chocolate ice cream a day. Been doing the ladder for over 7 years till recently.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Funny, my wife said the same thing....I have to have a morning/night routine of some sort, I get antsy if I don’t.... I figure a cup of coffee every morning and occasionally at dinner is better than 1-2 pints of chocolate ice cream a day. Been doing the ladder for over 7 years till recently.

I love my ice cream but 1-2 pints a day. Damn!..haha. I have 2 scoops 5-6 nights a week right before bed...:crazyeyes:

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speaking of her, she had told me today that I can reuse the grounds I put in the filter and make a second cup from them. Is that true? I have preground French dark roast with this filter for a keurig Image1517978103.116509.jpg

To me it would make sense that once you use the grounds they are shot unless you reuse them in a short time period I.e.multiple cups of coffee

Speaking of her, she had told me today that I can reuse the grounds I put in the filter and make a second cup from them. Is that true? I have preground French dark roast with this filter for a keurig View attachment 292424

To me it would make sense that once you use the grounds they are shot unless you reuse them in a short time period I.e.multiple cups of coffee

You can if you enjoy shitty coffee. 😂

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Maybe I’m getting too intense with coffe but for everyone who has a drip maker, do you use special filters? Was researching some stuff and came upon something that said if you use bleached coffee filters that the chlorine and byproducts from the bleaching can find its way into your coffee, one of the big ones was called dioxin. Thoughts?

Maybe I’m getting too intense with coffe but for everyone who has a drip maker, do you use special filters? Was researching some stuff and came upon something that said if you use bleached coffee filters that the chlorine and byproducts from the bleaching can find its way into your coffee, one of the big ones was called dioxin. Thoughts?

When I do drip I don't use bleached filers. But I'm not a hard core drip guy.

I'm addicted to caffeine as it is. So I use K-cups. One every morning. Occasional decaf or half caff at night.

If you use paper filters get the unbleached brown versions.

Yepp, one tablespoon per cup is a pretty reasonable ratio for decent strength coffee

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Most coffee bags will suggest this ratio although you can certainly add or subtract based on your preferences. I typically add an extra scoop when I make a full 12 cup pot :D

I have been using this little cutie more! Still on the fence for a french press...I would at least get more.

coffee.jpg

First time drinking homemade iced coffee. I can't vouch for other types but this was pretty damn good.1518025973086.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I’ve never had a cup of coffee in my life. That said, a friend of mine is a coffee roaster and also owns several local coffee shops in Reno called The Hub. If you pass through Reno and need some coffee, check out their Riverside shop. I hear from coffee drinkers that it is fantastic coffee.

That might be un-American...Boston Tea Party and all that, you know...

I've been drinking coffee for 50 years. Having lived (and continue to do so) in Hawaii for the last 41 years, I've been blessed to be in close proximity to some of the finest coffee trees on the planet. I've known some coffee growers on the Big Island for some time...and there is a similarity to growing coffee and growing grapes for wine...the best coffee comes from trees grown mid slope on volcanic soil that allow enough drainage, but still puts some stress on the plants so they produce a more intensely flavored bean.

Burr grinders are the way to go, and I've been making French press coffee for a very long time, freshly grinding just before brewing, even on the trail. Don't boil your water...it should be hot just before boiling temperature. I prefer darker roasts primarily for its flavor...and you can get excellent Kona coffee roasted to your preference...the quality purveyors don't simply use inferior beans and use them for their dark roasts...just my two cents

Top Bottom