Benatc1's Big Black to be named later build thread 2.0

Gotta add another item to my wish list now lol. Love that cage. Thanks again for the rockers today.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Haha the list never ends! now worries man!
Good stuff, that turned out really great. I love the look of rock hards cage. Even better that it's been proven to take abuse.

I was looking at this or the evo one but liked the tube frame, glad I chose the rock hard 4x4.

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

modified a KC tube light clamp to mount my switch pros panel to. mounted it with 3m double sided tape so will see how it holds up but it's pretty stout right now. gotta tighten up some wires after I get my cb reinstalled( hopefully tomorrow) also need to throw the horizontal labels on there

20170109_153331.jpg20170109_153350.jpg20170109_153401.jpg

was able to get the cb reinstalled this afternoon. need it to stop raining so I can get outside and get some better pics. really happy with how the interior has come together. still have to clean up some wiring overall but getting closer. 20170110_192621.jpg20170110_192628.jpg20170110_192651.jpg

Earlier this week I put in an order for the following..

Evo Rock Sliders- low angle
Evo ProTek Skid system
Evo Rear Rockskin Corners and Body mount Tire carrier
Evo rear bumper fascia with D-Ring mounts
Rear Revolution Chrome-Moly 4340 Axle shafts

Now i need it to warm up once it all gets here so I can paint the sliders!

Looking great Ben! You are a tall guy, does the cb interfere much with your line of sight? I suppose the rear view mirror doesn't matter much anyway because of the larger spare tire?

Let me know who you have burn on your sliders...they are on my short list as well.

Last edited:
Looking great Ben! You are a tall guy, does the cb interfere much with your line of sight? I suppose the rear view mirror doesn't matter much anyway because of the larger spare tire?

Led me know who you have burn on your sliders...they are on my short list as well.

I have my CB in the same spot and I'm 6'2". It blocks about half of the mirror but at the same time the spare blocks most of the line of sight as it is.
Image1485446229.183421.jpg

Evo ProTek Skid system

Looks like you're gonna be a busy guy! Hope it warms up a bit by the time everything comes in :thumb:

Evo ProTek Skid system

That's a sexy grocery list [emoji857]

Led me know who you have burn on your sliders...they are on my short list as well.

yea being 6'4" has its disadvantages but honestly i barely notice it when driving, especially since ive moved it back onto the cage. only downside is i hit my head on the corner of it once but now i know to be more careful jumping into the jeep!:crazyeyes: the rear view mirror has about half of its use but will be completly useless whent he tire carrier goes on.. ill definitely let you know on the sliders, CavFighter has a buddy who ended up doing them on my 2-door for a good price and he did a great job so i may hit him up again- only downside is hes is in Carson.

I have my CB in the same spot and I'm 6'2". It blocks about half of the mirror but at the same time the spare blocks most of the line of sight as it is.
View attachment 240852
yup! i like the CB location though

Looks like you're gonna be a busy guy! Hope it warms up a bit by the time everything comes in :thumb:

yea im glad I will now have mostly free weekends! :cool: so plenty to do ahead and its been cold as shit for the past few weeks so im ready for even 40 degree weather. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom