Benatc1's Big Black to be named later build thread 2.0

Nice list. Glad to hear you're doing the quiet crawler kit part by part. Let us know how it turns out. There's a lot of demand for that system.
Thanks! Yea Matt from Dynomax gave me some great info on what to get and what not to get. pretty excited to get it all and install it may I'll be sure to post up a bunch of pics

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure if you are going for the blacked out look, but let me know and I can find the link for the black stainless bolts I got for my EVO rocker guards so I could ditch the shiny silver stuff. ;)

Not sure if you are going for the blacked out look, but let me know and I can find the link for the black stainless bolts I got for my EVO rocker guards so I could ditch the shiny silver stuff. ;)
I actually have them already! stole the idea from you back when I was installing the rock skins on my 2-door. will likely go that route again- even though the colors of my jeep are black and silver-hmm what to do??

LOL!! Man, you're making me feel like I need to get out and start working on things :crazyeyes:

installed my EVO lower adjustable control arms today, did a front alignment and rotated my tires and gave her a good greasing. the arms are stout as hell but some reason my passenger side spring is bowed. the lower arms are equal length, caster is good and have the stock uppers back installed. previously I had 4 adjustable arms on the front and had this issue when I was first installing my front axle but with enough adjustmentso between the the upper and lowers I got it mostly straight. I'd rather not buy adjustable uppers again but does anyone have an idea how to get my coil back straight. driver side is perfect20170204_093557.jpg20170204_150051.jpg20170204_150043.jpg

installed my EVO lower adjustable control arms today, did a front alignment and rotated my tires and gave her a good greasing. the arms are stout as hell but some reason my passenger side spring is bowed. the lower arms are equal length, caster is good and have the stock uppers back installed. previously I had 4 adjustable arms on the front and had this issue when I was first installing my front axle but with enough adjustmentso between the the upper and lowers I got it mostly straight. I'd rather not buy adjustable uppers again but does anyone have an idea how to get my coil back straight. driver side is perfectView attachment 242427View attachment 242428View attachment 242429

Check track bar and that axle is centered.

You sure your coil is indexed correctly in the lower spring perch? What is your caster set at now?

Check track bar and that axle is centered.
it should be close but I will double check it tomorrow.
You sure your coil is indexed correctly in the lower spring perch? What is your caster set at now?
it appears to be lined up correctly but I'll crawl under there tomorrow and be sure, just seems odd to me that the driver side is perfect and the passenger side looks like that, can't wrap my head around it. caster is measuring right around 9* on the C but that's with the extra from the pr44 unlimited I figured I'm close to where I need to be (please help if I'm off in that thought) I can't shorten the lower arms any more though. who knows maybe I'm way off but it drives better than before haha
Subscribed. Looking good Ben. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
thank you!

it should be close but I will double check it tomorrow.

it appears to be lined up correctly but I'll crawl under there tomorrow and be sure, just seems odd to me that the driver side is perfect and the passenger side looks like that, can't wrap my head around it. caster is measuring right around 9* on the C but that's with the extra from the pr44 unlimited I figured I'm close to where I need to be (please help if I'm off in that thought) I can't shorten the lower arms any more though. who knows maybe I'm way off but it drives better than before haha

thank you!

I'm sure 9 drives awesome but I think that's too high even with the added prorock caster. IIRC, it should be closer to 6-7.

I'm sure 9 drives awesome but I think that's too high even with the added prorock caster. IIRC, it should be closer to 6-7.
ok gotcha, in order to get that # down the axle needs to tilt towards the front of the jeep (right?), so therefore I need to shorten the lower arms (which I can't anymore) or get adjustable uppers, or please if you have any other suggestions I'm all ears.

Edit: or am I thinking of this backwards??

Last edited:
As mentioned, 9° would be like a sports car and should feel awesome. With a ProRock 44, you should be at 6° and yes, you would need to shorten your arms to lift your pinion. Unfortunately, you would need upper arms to do this OR install a taller lift. Spring bow is nothing critical if you can deal with it. If you're wanting to get this fixed in a hurry, I might have a set of Currie upper arms.

As mentioned, 9° would be like a sports car and should feel awesome. With a ProRock 44, you should be at 6° and yes, you would need to shorten your arms to lift your pinion. Unfortunately, you would need upper arms to do this OR install a taller lift. Spring bow is nothing critical if you can deal with it. If you're wanting to get this fixed in a hurry, I might have a set of Currie upper arms.

ok I'll get it dialed back, I have 4" plush rides so that's plenty of lift for me. I'm not necessarily in a hurry but would like to get it straightened out before I beat on it to much. if you have a pair laying around and want part with them just let me know and I'm sure we can make a deal, if not I'll just order some up

Top Bottom