aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

While I really love my evo carrier, I think I almost liked my genright a little more after it aligned itself perfectly from slamming into a rock. Just thought I would say something since you were thinking about going alum with a carrier.

It's been pretty quiet here. Dynatrac informed us the axles are a couple weeks behind schedule, so I'm going to try getting a head start on anything I can do without the axles. I plan on ordering an ARB dual compressor, upgraded stainless braided locker air lines and a PSC cylinder assist. In speaking with PSC, they recommended a Big Bore XDII, pump and reservoir all set up with -AN fittings. -6AN on the pressure side and -8AN return lines and a 8"x1.75 cylinder. This is the first cylinder assist I have run, so any thoughts on that configuration is welcome.

Last edited:
The anticipation must be killing you. Can't imagine having some Dynatracs on order. You already have OBA or is your dual compressor working as OBA and for lockers?

It's been pretty quiet here. Dynatrac informed us the axles are a couple weeks behind schedule, so I'm going to try getting a head start on anything I can do without the axles. I plan on ordering an ARB dual compressor, upgraded stainless braided locker air lines and a PSC cylinder assist. In speaking with PCS, they recommended a Big Bore XDII, pump and reservoir all set up with -AN fittings. -6AN on the pressure side and -8AN return lines and a 8"x1.75 cylinder. This is the first cylinder assist I have run, so any thoughts on that configuration is welcome.

I don't know about all those fittings and stuff for the PSC, but if you just tell what you have, I'm sure they will hook you up. I ordered a complete PSC kit (pump/box/res/ram/lines/fittings/mounting tabs/hardware/clamp) and it had everything I needed to complete the install, the only issue I ran into was that I didn't specify the size of tie rod I had so I ordered one before I started the install. I know for my PR 60 I had to upgrade to the 8" ram.

if you stay busy working on the jeep, the axles will arrive in no time but it will still seem like forever

The anticipation must be killing you. Can't imagine having some Dynatracs on order. You already have OBA or is your dual compressor working as OBA and for lockers?

No OBA currently, I have a portable that I typically carry, so I'll plumb in a quick disconnect while I'm there. it will be great to pack one less heavy bag in the Jeep.

I don't know about all those fittings and stuff for the PSC, but if you just tell what you have, I'm sure they will hook you up. I ordered a complete PSC kit (pump/box/res/ram/lines/fittings/mounting tabs/hardware/clamp) and it had everything I needed to complete the install, the only issue I ran into was that I didn't specify the size of tie rod I had so I ordered one before I started the install. I know for my PR 60 I had to upgrade to the 8" ram.

if you stay busy working on the jeep, the axles will arrive in no time but it will still seem like forever

Hey Benito, thanks for the advice. Your project is coming along really nicely as well. I'm guessing you either split time in New Mexico and Texas or live out by El Paso. Do you ever go out to Las Cruces? It looks legit from what I can tell.

Last edited:
Hey Benito, thanks for the advice. Your project is coming along really nicely as well. I'm guessing you either split time in New Mexico and Texas or live out by El Paso. Do you ever go out to Las Cruces? It looks legit from what I can tell.

I'm from El Paso, working in Big Spring TX, and I went to NMSU in Las Cruces, and have only gone wheeling down those trails once, that was my fist time wheeling on rocks, when I first got my Commando Green jeep. I had plans to go down there last year, but I suspect I strained the rear ring gear at hidden falls the weekend before and it finally broke on my way to El Paso to meet up with some Jeeps to go wheeling down there. So I missed out on wheeling some of the bigger stuff, but from I remember it was all pretty rough: When I went, I was following some guys in TJs on 37s and I was stock Rubi, I had to get dragged over a few obsticals , take the bypass on some, kind of had to make my own bypass, and got dragged over a bypass. The biggest dent on my gas tank skid was from that first trip, and my undercarriage was scratched up, I made good use of those stock skids! I think that's the trip that got me to where I am today, regarding jeeps. I definitely want to try and make it down there again and the trails around Caballo Lake in T-or-C NM, I believe that is where they currently host the Chile Challange.

Great story. I recall the trip that got me hooked as well. I would make the drive out there on long weekend, so we should try planning a trip this winter. Maybe sometime first quarter of 2018.

I have never been a fan of the factory gray plastic, so I decided to paint my center console. It was pretty gross underneath there, do I did what I could to clean it out, painted the rusted out mounting plate and put everything back in place.

I'm happy with the finish, but question the durability. Worst case, I'll take it apart and have it hydro dipped.

IMG_0992.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
We had a great week in SoCal. Visited family, walked the Offload Expo and received a bunch of parts; PSC cylinder assist, ARB compressor, compressor mount, seat brackets, sliders and suspension seats. Best of all, my axles arrived at distribution. Now I need to figure out how to pick the up.

Top Bottom