aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

They said the lead time was less for standard packages than custom orders and they manufacture them in batch, which could add or reduce my lead time. The good news is it's the off-season in Texas. The bad news is I can't so driveshafts or steering until I get the axles installed and I'm not exactly sure what else I need to get running. Hopefully they want to get paid as bad as I want the axles.

I ordered the hardcore package without any extra bells or whistles directly from Dynatrac.

I would go with door number two. I'm a big fan of staging and getting what you really want linger term.

You were going to run yours with short arms for now? Were you doing hydro? Or going to wait? I was thinking of doing psc big bore if I stick with 37s until the tires wear and get 40s and hydro then. Do the 60 front take a normal jk tie rod? I know they're wider.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Do the 60 front take a normal jk tie rod? I know they're wider.

No. If I recall, the standard tie-rod is from an older model RAM or at least, that's how they used to come. This may have changed since then. That being said, most people run them with the EVO high steer setup though.

No. If I recall, the standard tie-rod is from an older model RAM or at least, that's how they used to come. This may have changed since then. That being said, most people run them with the EVO high steer setup though.

Good to know. I'd like to do the high steer heim set like I think you and Scott have. But that requires knotching the frame. Well could run 37s and when I go 40s have evo knot he and do high steer set up.

Good to know. I'd like to do the high steer heim set like I think you and Scott have. But that requires knotching the frame. Well could run 37s and when I go 40s have evo knot he and do high steer set up.

My frame isn't notched. I've been running this setup for years.

Good to know about the steering. I'm planning on going cylinder assist with the upgraded gear box and race hoses.

As far as control arms are concerned, I'll probably keep what I have for now. I'm going to Moab over New Years and need to limit scope creep. Next year, I will likely go to a high mount long arm upgrade, which will stage me for an Evo Lever down the road.

Last edited:
The wait is killing me. Instead of wheeling, I'm looking for the next upgrade. Thinking about going to the DTD and installing suspension seats. If anyone is interested in my Evo coilover system or solid 7075 aluminum steering links, I them for sale it in the recycler.

The wait is killing me. Instead of wheeling, I'm looking for the next upgrade. Thinking about going to the DTD and installing suspension seats. If anyone is interested in my Evo coilover system or solid 7075 aluminum steering links, I them for sale it in the recycler.

Which steering links you have?

Planning on keeping it simple. Evo bolt on coilover's, King front bumps, Evo sliders and 37x13.5 Cooper STT Pro tires.

The wait is killing me. Instead of wheeling, I'm looking for the next upgrade. Thinking about going to the DTD and installing suspension seats.

:cheesy: Welcome to the escalation club! I'm glad you posted those Coilovers AFTER I ordered my new shocks! that would have been seriously tempting. Looking forward to seeing the DTD go in. That is a truly badass system. I can stare at that rear setup all damn day.

:cheesy: Welcome to the escalation club! I'm glad you posted those Coilovers AFTER I ordered my new shocks! that would have been seriously tempting. Looking forward to seeing the DTD go in. That is a truly badass system. I can stare at that rear setup all damn day.

I wasn't sure how much my wife would like wheeling, so I wanted all bolt on products in just in case it didn't go well. When she said it was the best trip of her life, I figured I would go all in.

Top Bottom