Amp'd Up JKU Sport Build

Amp'd is really starting to come together with some nice parts. [emoji106] When are you going to upgrade the headlights? You need some trail lighting too. Maybe some rocklights and rear lighting of some sort? I know, always something!! [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Amp'd is really starting to come together with some nice parts. [emoji106] When are you going to upgrade the headlights? You need some trail lighting too. Maybe some rocklights and rear lighting of some sort? I know, always something!! [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]

Thanks Jeff! Headlights are definitely on the list but since I'm mostly around town with street lights I moved it down on the list.

Trail lighting coming soon. I need to install a switch panel and relay distribution first.

Thanks Jeff! Headlights are definitely on the list but since I'm mostly around town with street lights I moved it down on the list.

Trail lighting coming soon. I need to install a switch panel and relay distribution first.

Believe me my Truck Lites are the best modification I've done so far. Not just from the aesthetic aspect but from a safety aspect. I can see so much better going down the road :thumb:

Jeep is looking good!

Believe me my Truck Lites are the best modification I've done so far. Not just from the aesthetic aspect but from a safety aspect. I can see so much better going down the road :thumb:

Jeep is looking good!

Yeah, I'll probably go with Truck lites and it will he before hunting season in Sept so I can actually see!

Thanks!

So I've been thinking about maximizing the rear cargo space by getting a shelf style rack for the rear. I feel it will work much better than trying to stack stuff and then you have to dig to get the stuff underneath.

I researched everything that was out there and ended up liking the Bestop Highrock Cargo Rack the best. I mainly liked it because it was plastic instead of metal with rounded edges. I figure metal will just scratched up and I'm sure I'll hit my head off it at some point so soft edges sounded like a plus!

The only problem...they don't make a bracket kit for a 4 door! Seems silly to me and I'm sure they could have come up with something. Oh well, I'll figure something out. I decided to order the 2 door bracket kit anyway because it looked like I could use some of the parts.

Everything came today.

IMG_7848.jpg

I only had about an hour to mess with it after dinner so I started digging out the bracket parts to see what I might be able to use. As expected the rear support bar will work just fine. It's not placed as far back as it should be so I'll have to drill some new holes in the rack, but that's not a big deal. It's solid.

IMG_7849.jpg

Now the front support brackets won't work as they are designed but I might be able to use some parts. I ran out of time so more to come on this later in the week. I have some ideas.

IMG_7850.jpg

Got around to installing my grab handles yesterday evening. Even though they aren't Grabars they are plenty solid and will work just fine. [emoji106]

IMG_7855.jpg

I decided to keep the other grab handles for the rear center. Since they have metal grommets the new handle went right over them and it worked out well.

IMG_7854.jpg

On the menu for this evening's install... a little comfort for my rear seat passengers with a recline kit.

IMG_7856.jpg

I thought this was going to take < 1 hr but of course it took longer. I was sweating my ass off by the end because of the work it takes for those seat bolts!

Ha! That's exactly what happened to me. I figured I'd put the kit in on a break while I was at work. Two coffee breaks and the tail end of a lunch break is what mine took. Those seat bolts..... Why can't the lug nuts hold on that tight?!? [emoji849]

Ha! That's exactly what happened to me. I figured I'd put the kit in on a break while I was at work. Two coffee breaks and the tail end of a lunch break is what mine took. Those seat bolts..... Why can't the lug nuts hold on that tight?!? [emoji849]

Seriously! Your hulk cordless impact driver should have made quick work of it!

I was searching for ideas earlier this week on how to mount the rear support bar for my cargo basket. I came across these rollbar light mounts on eBay, and think with some spacers I can mount the rear down-tubes to them and it may work out perfectly. More to come this weekend as I work through the implementation!

IMG_7857.jpg

I'm working through the fabrication of the cargo basket supports and I think my [emoji362] idea might work pretty well.

Here's the first step of mounting the light bar brackets I got. They didn't have 2.25" so I got the 2.5-2.6" ones. They come with a thin piece of rubber when using on 25". With the padding it should be around 2.5" anyway.

Excellent! They will work out great. The mounting holes are 10.5" apart on the basket so I only need that distance between the support bars.

Here I'm getting an idea of how much I'll have to cut off the down tubes.

IMG_7867.jpg

IMG_7868.jpg

Top Bottom