Advice

grimlin

Hey I’m looking at a 2014 Jeep wrangler unlimited sport it has 110,391 miles 6 speed manual transmission it has the 3.6 motor they are asking 19,995. This a good buy or a crappy buy

Hey I’m looking at a 2014 Jeep wrangler unlimited sport it has 110,391 miles 6 speed manual transmission it has the 3.6 motor they are asking 19,995. This a good buy or a crappy buy
That sounds high to me especially since it’s a sport. If it was a rubicon and an auto, maybe…

Edit - Any lift, bumpers, tires, winch?

Upvote 0
Personally I wouldn't buy that Jeep at any price.

In my opinion the pool of buyers who want a manual transmission is really small and regardless of what you do with it to make it yours, or just buy and enjoy it as it is, this jeep will always be at the bottom-end of pricing.

Upvote 0
2014 is a good year for a JK but as others have stated, the price seems to be a bit on the high side and especially so being that it's a manual.

Upvote 0
Carfax is another good place to look. 2012 was the first year for the 3.6 they were known to have issues. 14 and up should be better depending on who owned it and how it was maintained. If you can buy a Rubicon I’ve known several people over the years buy a Sahara or sport then spend a fortune trying to turn it into a Rubicon.

Upvote 0
If I can get them to a lower price which one would be better to get and build up
TBH it kinda depends what you want to do with it. If your going to build it up for off road your probably better off finding a used Rubicon and going from there. You seem a bit in a hurry unfortunately as I stated earlier used is tough you could come up on a high mileage Rubicon that is immaculate and never off road that has service records all the way back till day one or a low mileage one that wasn’t very well maintained and was used and abused off road regularly. Condition is key IMO. Take your time if you can. The right Jeep is out there.

Upvote 0
I would look at Facebook marketplace or Craigslist or places like that and buy private party.

I would suggest here but seems there’s a lot of jee borders here and no sellers.

But I would also look outside your area. If you have to fly it might be worth it.

Upvote 0
Get a 2015 or newer. They upgraded the 3.6 in 2015 with more torque and horsepower.

As far as automatic or manual goes, get what suits you, not the next owner. 2012-2018 JKs have a 5 speed automatic. I don’t think it has much advantage (if any) over the 6 speed manual.

If you want an automatic, get a JL. They have an 8 speed.

If you get a manual, get a 2015-2018 JK. The JK manual gear choices are much better than the JL gear choices.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom