wschilawski's JKU Build

It sure felt like Christmas!

Side note, painted the bombshell diff covers all black and got my first coat of bed liner on the PS bumper. Will do one more coat today depending on weather. Also plan on painting the spyder a smoke grey today on the diff covers.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457870549.198666.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457870565.617644.jpg

Yesterday we hit 60 degrees so it was time for the first topless day of 2016!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457870520.111974.jpg

Been following the build and I must say it is looking fantastic. Nice to see them grow up :) what are you using to get your hard top off? Just a two man lift?

Been following the build and I must say it is looking fantastic. Nice to see them grow up :) what are you using to get your hard top off? Just a two man lift?

Thanks! I'm using 4 straps with eye screws in the ceiling. Debating on doing an electric hoist but that's down the road. It's funny you bring that up because as I was taking the top off yesterday I felt a little resistance when the top was in the air "what the heck is doing that??" Well, found the culprit...hardtop was rubbing against the door. It should buff out though...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457883440.383461.jpg

Thanks! I'm using 4 straps with eye screws in the ceiling. Debating on doing an electric hoist but that's down the road. It's funny you bring that up because as I was taking the top off yesterday I felt a little resistance when the top was in the air "what the heck is doing that??" Well, found the culprit...hardtop was rubbing against the door. It should buff out though...

Oh awesome! That's exactly what I'm planning on rigging up. How difficult is it ratcheting up the for different straps? Just wanting something inexpensive for now.

And I hope it does! I'll remember to pull the doors or open them before pulling the top off.

Oh awesome! That's exactly what I'm planning on rigging up. How difficult is it ratcheting up the for different straps? Just wanting something inexpensive for now.

And I hope it does! I'll remember to pull the doors or open them before pulling the top off.

It's kind of a pain in the butt, but if you're looking at something inexpensive, that's a good way to go!

It sure felt like Christmas!

Side note, painted the bombshell diff covers all black and got my first coat of bed liner on the PS bumper. Will do one more coat today depending on weather. Also plan on painting the spyder a smoke grey today on the diff covers.

View attachment 192604

View attachment 192605

Yesterday we hit 60 degrees so it was time for the first topless day of 2016!

View attachment 192603

That is looking Great! I really like the Bumper....it will look great with your Build.

Thanks. That's what I'm looking for.. Most likely once we get our TrekTop, the hardtop will just hang all the time.

I had the opportunity to buy just the standard softtop with tinted windows last year before Christmas; kicking myself that I didn't snag it. Oh well, there will be other opportunities down the road! :rock:

I had the opportunity to buy just the standard softtop with tinted windows last year before Christmas; kicking myself that I didn't snag it. Oh well, there will be other opportunities down the road! :rock:

Yeah I've looked at standard softies and the trek top. I'm fine with either but the boss loves the TrekTop. :)

Which is ironic, because I had it on my last 2014 and she hated it! LOL!

Bam! Not too bad of an install; just over an hour. I have skid plates coming tomorrow so I'm hoping to get a coat of bed liner on those. We are heading to the Twin Cities Auto Show tomorrow night so that will be plenty of time for it to dry.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458254877.492385.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458254890.843463.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458254902.396891.jpg

Skid plate was delivered today so I threw a few coats of primer on before I head out for the weekend.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458330210.274214.jpg

Received a Bull Dog tree saver as well.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458330241.538966.jpg

Top Bottom