wschilawski's JKU Build

Looks good. I don't think it's crooked. Either the way the jeep is in the driveway or the photo. Light bar looks parallel with your hood line.

I've never been a fan of 50" bars, but seeing one on your rig certainly changes my opinion. It looks awesome!

You know, I was in the same boat but then I mounted the brackets and the light, changed my opinion pretty quick!

This is the only shot I got last night - hoping to get a shot of how bright it is on the road this weekend

IMG_4700.jpg

Spent the day at Cliffs Insane Terrain in Illinois last Saturday. Mud, mud, and more mud! :eek: Spent a good 1-2 hours pressure washing everything Sunday. Was it worth it? Heck yes!

IMG_4752.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_4726.jpg

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4744.jpg

Last edited:
We installed the 4.88 gears on Saturday; took about 11 hours with only one additional trip (forgot the slide hammer). Huge difference from the 3.21's!

After pulling the rear carrier, we noticed that one of the bearings had actually been spinning on the carrier itself so I'll have to replace that (time for a locker???). It also seemed like some work had been done previously because the wrong shim sizes were added - carrier basically fell out when I loosened the diff bearing cap. Added a shim and tested backlash, good as new!

On a side note, got a message from a buddy last night asking for my spare 44 cover. He didn't have too good of a day...He didn't see any major damage to the ring/pinion/carrier:

Capture.JPG

Wow, nice pictures from Cliff's. So much mud; you would've spent the day pulling me from one muck hole to the next. Someday I'll get my rig built for something other than mall crawling.

Decided to go with the Eaton Detroit TrueTrac - many of the guys here run them and have good things to say. Should be here sometime later this week, with an install in the upcoming month.

Last edited:
Lookin' good buddy! It's funny how the most expensive parts for a Jeep, you never even see. You'll love having a locker, it makes a huge difference.

Hot diggity! I'm just trying out the Flowmaster - there are so many mixed reviews on sound quality/droning on the 3.8 figured I'd just try for myself. Will take before and after sound clips so stay tuned.

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4911.jpg

So I swapped out the Dynomax for the Flowmaster and there's a LITTLE more rumble but as expected, not much coming from a V6.

Here's a clip of the two:

https://youtu.be/IaF-oq2eUs4

I'm not a professional in exhaust but what difference would it make if I add the last two portions of the Magnaflow exhaust? Will that do anything to the tone?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462102970.903835.jpg

Not much, but if anything it'd be a little quieter because you're moving the exit farther from your ears.

Beautiful day to install some outer axle seals. Also sheered a bolt to my diff cover after I drained and inspected the gears. EZ-out time!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462645373.786179.jpg

Top Bottom