Would cowl mounted floods make good brush lights?

The cowl on a 392 is the same cowl as a sport. No difference in design. The only cowl that is different is the driver side of a 4xe because of the plug in.
Well they may work on yours but there are a bazillion threads across multiple forums stating different. The 392 and the Mojave hoods sit higher therefore have taller cowls. I wanted to get the 4Xe cowl to modify for compressor plumbing. No can do.😵‍💫
If I’m not mistaken the hinges are even different on those two models from all the rest.

Well they may work on yours but there are a bazillion threads across multiple forums stating different. The 392 and the Mojave hoods sit higher therefore have taller cowls. I wanted to get the 4Xe cowl to modify for compressor plumbing. No can do.😵‍💫
If I’m not mistaken the hinges are even different on those two models from all the rest.
Bazillion huh?

in my experience of adding lights and stupid shit onto people JL's and gladiators i can tell you they are all the same outside of the 4xe cowl. even installed a roof rack system on a 392 just the other week from metal cloak. they only list tthat it will not fit a 4xe.IMG_0195.jpeg

Looking at that pic, how would lights mounted be affected by a hood scoop?

I think dem bazillion other guys be wrong
Nothing to do with the scoop, the cowls are taller and the light mounts and hardware don’t fit, unless you specifically order from the few manufacturers who accommodate the two hoods. There are some out there.👍

Nothing to do with the scoop, the cowls are taller and the light mounts and hardware don’t fit, unless you specifically order from the few manufacturers who accommodate the two hoods. There are some out there.👍

I'm confused - multiple people with install experience here say they are the same.

The cowl and hood are the same except for the scoop - they would have to change the windshield frames too and those are all the same

I'm confused - multiple people with install experience here say they are the same.

The cowl and hood are the same except for the scoop - they would have to change the windshield frames too and those are all the same
He might need a giga-bazillion experienced people to tell him otherwise.

Not sure if it’s the same on other years.
But 2024 392 is different. Higher cowl corners than early JL/T’s or non 392s. I have KC Flex Era 3’s and brackets from my 2021 GayT that will not fit my 392.

Top Bottom