WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Congrats! Glad to hear your hard work and frustrations paid off! 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

That's great news!

Awesome, good to hear the WJ is back [emoji106] any pics from the trial

Good to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Indeed.

How does it feel to have you jeep back [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great. 2nd best thing I've ever felt :beer:

I ended up refabbing my cold air intake. The old one with rubber kept collapsing, so I used solid 3 inch ABS. Hope it holds up. Seems solid so far. At least it moves my filter to a cooler area. This project involved a few beers, so I'll drive it tomorrow to see if it works.

IMG_20181006_163425_476.jpg

Glad to see that your WJ is back on the road. Nothings better than fabbing and drinking haha.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I ended up refabbing my cold air intake. The old one with rubber kept collapsing, so I used solid 3 inch ABS. Hope it holds up. Seems solid so far. At least it moves my filter to a cooler area. This project involved a few beers, so I'll drive it tomorrow to see if it works.

View attachment 311966

JKBrick would be proud! :thumb:

View attachment 311966

Nice! Long sweep 90s for better flow, looks good Doug. Glad it’s running again and that chapter in your book is closed

How’s it all going now that it’s been a little while?

All is good. Just did a 500 mile oil change on the motor the other day just because. So far so good. Now that the trails are getting a little snowy, I've been sticking around town pretty much. So far, no trail damage at Home Depot. The rear brakes did give out on an obstacle at Chic-Fil-A the other day though, Just worn out rear pads.

Thanks for checking in.

All is good. Just did a 500 mile oil change on the motor the other day just because. So far so good. Now that the trails are getting a little snowy, I've been sticking around town pretty much. So far, no trail damage at Home Depot. The rear brakes did give out on an obstacle at Chic-Fil-A the other day though, Just worn out rear pads.

Thanks for checking in.

Must have been on a Sunday. lol

Glad to hear all is well[emoji106]

I've heard some of the lines on the obstacles at Chic-Fil-A can be deceiving...

Glad to see that your WJ is back on the road. Nothings better than fabbing and drinking haha.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Indeed.

Nice! Long sweep 90s for better flow, looks good Doug. Glad it’s running again and that chapter in your book is closed

Looks like it will work, but the engine may sound like a toilet flushing.

Lol. Exactly. Thing is working fine too.

It has to be fun to make mods instead of trying to solve that dam over heating problem.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

No kidding. Nice to have it back.

I've heard some of the lines on the obstacles at Chic-Fil-A can be deceiving...

Lol. Indeed.

Thanks for checking in.

Need some pics of the 'ol station wagon in action, man!

Top Bottom