Whiskey of the Day

Pretty much anything allocated is overpriced in SoCal. Msrp is almost impossible as a result. Some pricing is insane if you can actually even find a bottle. That’s a cool find with your daughters birth year. 😎
Yea. I haven’t hunted bourbon in a few years. It’s gotten so stupid. I feel your pain about the prices and store owners holding. The Bay Area is so bad

Has anyone here ever tasted or even purchased any multi thousand dollar bottles?
I've had wine in that price range once that was purchased by someone else during a business dinner. My opinion on fine dining and fine alcohol is that there is an upper price that's worth it, but then after that it's just a money-waving contest. 200-300 for a nice dinner or special drink is one thing. But I just don't see spending thousands to reap the benefit. I think it's overkill. That wine I had was damn good but I would never spend the money for it myself. It was 1900ish.

Now that Garrison Brothers special batch I posted earlier in this thread was 300ish. I would definitely do that again. The first time I tried it, a buddy gave me a sample. I knew nothing about it, including price. It was the best bourbon I've probably ever tried. I found out the price later. If it were 500, I probably wouldn't buy it.

^This logic does not apply to Jeep parts.

I also went today, looking for something like this to reward myself for a successful High Sierra trip. Ended up with a $21 handle of Jim Beam.🤣
Wonder why my Costco didn’t have your bottle?🤷‍♂️
Yeah, not sure honestly. The costco on the coast, less than 3 hours away, usually has different things too… I don’t get it.

If yours has the Kirkland Small Batch for $19, buy it!

I also went today, looking for something like this to reward myself for a successful High Sierra trip. Ended up with a $21 handle of Jim Beam.🤣
Wonder why my Costco didn’t have your bottle?🤷‍♂️
Yeah, not sure honestly. The costco on the coast, less than 3 hours away, usually has different things too… I don’t get it.

If yours has the Kirkland Small Batch for $19, buy it!
A buddy of mine runs distribution ops for Costco west coast. In short it’s based on allotment/contracts and what sells in what stores to be worth it. They have a shit ton of data for each store and its customers. Last years small batch I guess was an “off” year from review sites. Hopefully this years is better. That said, at $19, I used it for some great cocktail infusions.

A buddy of mine runs distribution ops for Costco west coast. In short it’s based on allotment/contracts and what sells in what stores to be worth it. They have a shit ton of data for each store and its customers. Last years small batch I guess was an “off” year from review sites. Hopefully this years is better. That said, at $19, I used it for some great cocktail infusions.
Interesting, thanks for posting that info. That makes sense I guess, the people on the coast must mot have good taste in booze. Lol

Yeah, I think this years small batch is really good for $19, as a sipper or in a cocktail.

Is there a way to find out which ones carry the small batch? I know the Costco here in Visalia doesn’t have it, but Hanford is a 20 minute drive I’d be willing to make.🤷‍♂️

Is there a way to find out which ones carry the small batch? I know the Costco here in Visalia doesn’t have it, but Hanford is a 20 minute drive I’d be willing to make.🤷‍♂️
I’m not sure. May try calling the store and see if they can check inventory. I’ve also heard that stores can get different stufff if customers ask. May try talking to store manager.

Top Bottom