Which Game Camera

I have a lot of areas where I want to put cameras but no trees in several spots. The bamboo doesn't work because it's not steady enough for the cameras. I tried t posts for awhile but it wasn't ideal and to move them later was a pain.

I ended up spending 50 bucks for tactacam's stake. I originally thought it was a bit much, but it's really built well, has a lot of adjustments, and a spot for a solar panel. Best part is the camera bottom threads right on.

1000001693.jpg

So I wanted more and was going to build something myself. However I found hme builds a simpler one and midway had them for 12 bucks.

1000001802.jpg
1000001801.jpg1000001804.jpg1000001805.jpg

You could probably use a live fence post. The plastic ones they sell at tractor supply or rural king. Like $2.
That might have worked. As long as it was wide enough. The issue I found with the bamboo was even thick ones were too narrow for back of camera and it would just spin or fall. I couldn't keep camera pointed stable.

That 'yote is starting to get expensive.....
Honestly, I started the whole camera thing just to see what's out there. Deer are the primary purpose now. Crops and feed aren't cheap regardless. But coyote is definitely a wrench in the mix. He definitely fucks up the deer routine.

Honestly, I started the whole camera thing just to see what's out there. Deer are the primary purpose now. Crops and feed aren't cheap regardless. But coyote is definitely a wrench in the mix. He definitely fucks up the deer routine

How close can you get to the trap and still be concealed from view? Do you have a blind or other position nearby?

Not sure what it is, but tactacam coming out with something new supposedly Monday. They keep sending me teaser emails.

Top Bottom