What was done to your rig this week?

Finally fixed my sticking back door on my JKUR - it was getting so bad that my wife was having a hard time opening and closing the door (the kids had given up on it months ago). I had never taken the rear door off and it was stuck on there really good, so I had to remove the hinge from the body and the door in order to separate the hinge. It was a real PITA, but once I cleaned everything up, it opens and closes better than the day I bought it. I tried to tell the kids to use the door now, but they kindda like jumping in from the back and crawling over the seat.

Finally fixed my sticking back door on my JKUR - it was getting so bad that my wife was having a hard time opening and closing the door (the kids had given up on it months ago). I had never taken the rear door off and it was stuck on there really good, so I had to remove the hinge from the body and the door in order to separate the hinge. It was a real PITA, but once I cleaned everything up, it opens and closes better than the day I bought it. I tried to tell the kids to use the door now, but they kindda like jumping in from the back and crawling over the seat.
Its not that old why the problems already.

After 3 trips to the pressure washer to try and get as much mud off as I can I finaly gave it it's first real washing since I've had it. Then peeled the plastidip off the grill (looks great but was all mud stained), took out what was left of the rear carpet (will try to clean the carpets some other day) and inspected the inside of the snorkel and air box to make sure nothing got in there.

I'm thinking of rigging up some sort of screen or something to put on the snorkle intake behind the plastic one to reduce the amount of bugs inside my air box.

Maybe you can help a noob out. Just exactly are these for.

I believe they relocate the lower shock mount outwards effectly changing the operating angle of the shock.

curious as to what this helps:thinking:

This is from their web site;

Product Overview

"This lower shock mount relocation kit has been designed to alleviate multiple clearance and functionality issues that customers experience when lifting their Jeep JK.

By rotating the shock eye perpendicular to the axle tube we have allowed the shock to pivot on the bolt which provides unhindered movement throughout the cycle of the suspension.
Where as the factory style mounting depends solely on the misalignment of the bushing or rod end depending on the style of shock you are using.
The kit out-boards the shock 2.0” and raises it 0.5” creating additional clearance to run a larger bodied shock AND have more downward travel."

I hope that helps.

After 3 trips to the pressure washer to try and get as much mud off as I can I finaly gave it it's first real washing since I've had it. Then peeled the plastidip off the grill (looks great but was all mud stained), took out what was left of the rear carpet (will try to clean the carpets some other day) and inspected the inside of the snorkel and air box to make sure nothing got in there.

I'm thinking of rigging up some sort of screen or something to put on the snorkle intake behind the plastic one to reduce the amount of bugs inside my air box.

I've only used Blue Coral on my interiors. My gf's dog puked in her car and I had to clean, everything came out as if she just bought the car. I love this stuff.

Its not that old why the problems already.

She's not that new - bought her in 2008. It's been mostly in New England (but we're in the DC area now) so it's been exposed to a lot of sand and salt. There was a bunch of corrosion on the pin and whatever is used in the hinge (maybe a nylon lining or something) was flaking off pretty bad and jamming it up. The project actually started on the driver’s side door because it was getting to be such a pain to remove the door. I cleaned everything out and applied a nice thick coating of grease and the doors work great now.

I installed a Trektop NX and some wheel spacers this past weekend.

Attachments

• image-2801563420.jpg
    image-2801563420.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 369
  • image-2828583678.jpg
    image-2828583678.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 373
Dude, who reads the manual. That's what this forum is for! :cheesy: I just honestly never tried the fogs other than in the on/auto position. :doh:

X2 I haven't touched my head light switch for months. Always on auto with the fogs on.

I got the 13' deeper then what its been before. To give you an idea of the depth its 4 inches of lift and 37's. Luckily no water came in through the passenger side, only a little through the tail gate....realized I need a locker......
image-1.jpeg

image-2.jpeg

image-4.jpeg

I got the 13' deeper then what its been before. To give you an idea of the depth its 4 inches of lift and 37's. Luckily no water came in through the passenger side, only a little through the tail gate....realized I need a locker......
image-1.jpeg

image-2.jpeg

image-4.jpeg

Well that's not too bad if you drove it out! Congrats on not completely screwing up your new jeep!! :thumb:

Opps ;)

Top Bottom