What was done to your rig this week?

He as Metalcloak and Teraflex on his jeep...he WILL NOT get stuck! :cheesy:

Just kidding Dallas. I think it looks great! :thumb: Paint that pinch seam black and it will look even better.

I get it that not many people like TF and that MC had no recovery points. I bought the TF to carry a 35" tire which it does very well and I bought the MC to provide protection over the plastic that is useless. I use my Jeep as a DD, sometimes sand and for camping nothing hardcore. I enjoy the Jeep for its convertibility and ability off road when needed. I know it's not popular, but I like my Jeep to just be a fun vehicle. Maybe I will add a more hardcore suspension than the AEV in my next phase, but for now I enjoy the Jeep. I know MY limitations are far more than my Jeep.

Glad to hear she is driving again. ď‘Ťwhat's with the control arm?

Well I haven't driven it yet. lol Just got the lines on and ready to bleed first thing in the morning. Have a few odds and ends to put on still (rear bumpstop, have to add another spacer to the front to level it out, run rear brake lines) but its basically done and I can drive it tomorrow.

As for the control arm, I was waiting on a rebuild kit for the flex joint that was supposed to be here Tuesday since it was coming from OC, Wednesday at the lastest. Yeah it finally showed up today. :crazyeyes: Just have to rebuild the joint and put the arm on. Easy.

I get it that not many people like TF and that MC had no recovery points. I bought the TF to carry a 35" tire which it does very well and I bought the MC to provide protection over the plastic that is useless. I use my Jeep as a DD, sometimes sand and for camping nothing hardcore. I enjoy the Jeep for its convertibility and ability off road when needed. I know it's not popular, but I like my Jeep to just be a fun vehicle. Maybe I will add a more hardcore suspension than the AEV in my next phase, but for now I enjoy the Jeep. I know MY limitations are far more than my Jeep.

Man I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. I really think your jeep looks great. There is no other reason to own one, other than to enjoy it. Being convertible is half the fun!

I like my jeep ONLY because its a fun vehicle for me and my family! Trust me, my jeep is way better than its driver!

Enjoy the ride!

Last edited:
Well I haven't driven it yet. lol Just got the lines on and ready to bleed first thing in the morning. Have a few odds and ends to put on still (rear bumpstop, have to add another spacer to the front to level it out, run rear brake lines) but its basically done and I can drive it tomorrow.

As for the control arm, I was waiting on a rebuild kit for the flex joint that was supposed to be here Tuesday since it was coming from OC, Wednesday at the lastest. Yeah it finally showed up today. :crazyeyes: Just have to rebuild the joint and put the arm on. Easy.

You are a trooper for sure.

Man I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. I really think your jeep looks great. There is no other reason to own one, than to enjoy it. Being convertible is half the fun!

I like my jeep ONLY because its a fun vehicle for me and my family! Trust me, my jeep is way better than its driver!

Enjoy the ride!

No offense taken. I'm old enough not to worry about what others think and I always appreciate feedback.. I will continue to learn more about my Jeep and change things as my needs change.

Installed my OR-Fab Rotopax tire carrier! I love it! Thing is solid as heck and looks great. Ill post some pictures up later, just spent the day in the snow with my Jeep and friends... kinda soaked and would like to warm up. :crazyeyes:

Installed my OR-Fab Rotopax tire carrier! I love it! Thing is solid as heck and looks great. Ill post some pictures up later, just spent the day in the snow with my Jeep and friends... kinda soaked and would like to warm up. :crazyeyes:

How did the install go?

Rubi Express 2 in lift on, tires are next....Also cut bumper added end caps till I decide on what bumpers I want.....

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130309_102145.png
    ForumRunner_20130309_102145.png
    446.7 KB · Views: 327
  • ForumRunner_20130309_102227.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130309_102227.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 321
installed my genright tire carrier, bushwacker flat fenders and just finishing up on the underhood compressor install from jeepswag

Put this nice little down turn in the wifes side step at sidewinder last week. Yes! Now i can get rid of them and weld on some real steel. More to come...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130309_134925.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130309_134925.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 310
Pulled the bumper today and I decided to leave the towhook on. I might have my friend hook me up with a homemade bumper.

Extended my axle breather hoses to just below the windshield and behind the rear brake light. I also changed my transmission and transfer case fluids.

Installed these guys this morning, just waiting on my shocks to get here now. Also put on my switch panel and arb compressor and cb but have to take some pics of those.ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362876396.613281.jpg

Top Bottom