What was done to your rig this week?

Thanksgiving weekend Massacre! Complete panda- monium! I have 28 years experience with sawsalls & jig saws no door trim needed here! Panda got chopped!ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385917948.847193.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385917983.049440.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385918007.340900.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385918030.268101.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385918071.365222.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385918169.294444.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385918214.268455.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385918226.622292.jpg

Brankz, not sure what you are trying to do but dynaflex caulk is latex, meaning you can put it on then wipe it with a wet rag to clean it up and make it look nice before it dries. Elcheapo caulk guns are only $4

I only needed to sand a couple small areas, some light filing at the corners I used a fine tooth blade it cut the plastic pretty smooth, I plan on fine sanding a lil more to make the edge shine

Right on. I want to take the edge trim off my fenders but dread the sanding involved.

Right on. I want to take the edge trim off my fenders but dread the sanding involved.

You can use a belt sander with heavy paper holding it sideways with both hands evenly & steady it will level everything but you should have experience with that tool you could mess it up too, I tested it on scrap plastic first, if anybody in the Bay Area wants fenders done come on over we'll have a fender cutting party! Crawler kitty's next! :D

Yay! Sooooooo....does that mean my rear bumper is on it's way soon? ;) JK! On that topic just wondering has anyone cut their rear fenders with the stock rear bumper still on? Thinking it would look silly since the bumper will extend past the cut portion. If it will work and looks okay I'm going to be first in line and any pics would be appreciated.

I normally go camping on a regular basis to Santa Barbara, but I want to find a spot just below the snow line outside of Mammoth.

Nice is there lots of trails in that area to go wheeling around maybe that lead into some nice lakes?

Did my fenders a couple of weeks ago with some great tips from Paisano and Rox-n-Mud, appreciate everyone's help.

One of the best tools and tips was one from Rox-n-Mud. He suggested I use a sheet rock rasp after making the initial cuts with a jigsaw to lightly take down any high spots. Practiced on some of the cut off pieces to get a feel for how much pressure was needed. I finished up with a 3m sanding block and some 200/400 grit sandpaper.

No plans yet to add any door trim, like the look so far without it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385924441.574019.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385924562.824535.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385924585.824961.jpg

Last edited:
Did my fenders a couple of weeks ago with some great tips from Paisano and Rox-n-Mud, appreciate everyone's help.

One of the best tools and tips was one from Rox-n-Mud. He suggested I use a sheet rock rasp after making the initial cuts with a jigsaw to lightly take down any high spots. Practiced on some of the cut off pieces to get a feel for how much pressure was needed. I finished up with a 3m sanding block and some 200/400 grit sandpaper.

These look really good

View attachment 58499

View attachment 58500

View attachment 58501

Nice job! I like the look without door trim!

Thanks guys, that first cut was tough, couldn't have done it without everyone's help, took my time and I'm happy how they turned out. Paisano texted me a pic of his fenders still in his boxers at 7am after I'd sent him a PM the night before and Rox-n-Mud sent a great step by step tutorial of how he did his. Thanks for all the help!

Top Bottom