What was done to your rig this week?

Which one is that?

430N RHB

Got it on EBay (New) for $810 via an auction... I won the bid with $900 but I was lucky enough to have a 10% off any purchase if purchased via iPhone or Tablet; so that saved me almost $100 bucks!!!

Couldn't be happier!
For some reason it sounds a little louder and better from the 130.

Later on, I plan on purchasing the Lockpic so I can open up a lot more options from the Head Unit.

Well spent the weekend chasing down squeaky rear brakes and once that was done I went for a short ride and on the way to a friend’s house they started squeaking again! Dam it! So while everything was still warm I put the rear end on jack stands and spun the tires, guess what? No squeak. So I then put the front end on stands and spun the wheels and there was my squeak, except that it was under the middle of the Jeep! :shock:

So I crawl under it and spin a wheel and the squeak was in the front driveshaft! It’s the cordon (sp?) u-joint at the transfer case. After an hour I get it out and the seal is blown in the middle of the u-joints. Looks like it’s time for new u-joints on that driveshaft. Oh joy!

So what did you do to your rig this weekend? LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1384809012533.jpg
    1384809012533.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 333
  • 1384809034708.jpg
    1384809034708.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 1384809046737.jpg
    1384809046737.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 329
  • 1384809061655.jpg
    1384809061655.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 330
Don't know if it was on trail or someone hit my jeep at the hotel parking lot but the tailgate on my jeep is bent 😡 time to get a tire carrier 😀ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384810235.017534.jpg
You can kind of see it on top of the lower hinge...

"So I crawl under it and spin a wheel and the squeak was in the front driveshaft! It’s the cordon (sp?) u-joint at the transfer case. After an hour I get it out and the seal is blown in the middle of the u-joints. Looks like it’s time for new u-joints on that driveshaft. Oh joy!"

We'll look at the bright side......You found out the problem before it became something worse.....

Woodrow:beer:

"So I crawl under it and spin a wheel and the squeak was in the front driveshaft! It’s the cordon (sp?) u-joint at the transfer case. After an hour I get it out and the seal is blown in the middle of the u-joints. Looks like it’s time for new u-joints on that driveshaft. Oh joy!"

We'll look at the bright side......You found out the problem before it became something worse.....

Woodrow:beer:

Ain't that the truth! Could have been ugly on the trail even tho I could still see home from where I was, just a long walk!

It's not a hit, it's the oversized tire bouncing on the trail that caused it. It happens

That probably does happen but the tailgate wasn't making any noise when we got off the trail it started making noise when we were on our way home yesterday after sitting all night at the hotel

Top Bottom