WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run 2014 : June 15th - 17th

Looks like fun guys. Sticker just purchased, so hopefully I can attend future events!

Like TheStick I'm also off 50, Shingle Springs, if you need anything.

So I have been trying to get everything to meet the requirements, all I need are tires to be able at least able to make the waiting list:yup:. If I don't make it this year, then next year for sure even if I have to sale the kids!shhhh don't tell them.:blush::standing wave:

I think it is supposed to be 89 next week. What's left of the snow is going to start melting fast in those temps.

Music to my ears!

However Iast time I was in the sierras in mid July it went down to the teens one night... still bringing socks.

Snow? Im not familliar.

We are going early enough that it might be a problem. Got a bit more of the white stuff falling up there just yesterday. If you haven't seen it before...

:crazyeyes:

By the looks of that video maybe I'll keep the doors on... Im a warm-weather jeeper :sFun_hot:

Hey guys, just a quick update for my rig... everything is done and it now meets the required specs for this run. I will be putting my Wayalife windshield banner on tomorrow and posting a picture.

I was on Facebook and saw that Jeep Jamboree posted up that they were on the Rubicon over the weekend, and by the looks of it there's quite a bit of snow still. I hope it all melts off in time. View attachment 82083View attachment 82084

Looks awesome to me!! I love snow, and I love rocks.. However that seems to be when I get the most carnage- you can't ease down off a rock when it's icy. Still tons of fun. Just add a winch to the list if requirements if it's still like that!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

What You Will Need to Bring
• Camping gear
• Food / Water for you and your occupants for the duration of the trip
• WAG bags
• Warm / cold weather clothing
• A means to haul out your trash + room to carry it out
• Firewood
• $30 ($15 per night per vehicle fee at Rubicon Springs)
• A good attitude and a willingness to be a part of our group

Hey Eddie, it's been a while since I ran the rubicon, and even when I did, it wasn't in my jeep and I had a trailer waiting for me at the other end.

How much fuel will I need to bring? Full tank plus how many gallons for our trek? I also realize I am the only non jk, so it might be a little different, but thought I'd get it out there for everyone.

Thanks!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Hey Eddie, it's been a while since I ran the rubicon, and even when I did, it wasn't in my jeep and I had a trailer waiting for me at the other end.

How much fuel will I need to bring? Full tank plus how many gallons for our trek? I also realize I am the only non jk, so it might be a little different, but thought I'd get it out there for everyone.

Thanks!

If you fill up in Georgetown and bring 5 gallons you should be fine. What kind of mileage do you get in your TJ? Last time I ran it, we filled up in Georgetown and had a 1/4 tank in Tahoe.

Thanks!

It's right around 125-150 total.

If you fill up in Georgetown and bring 5 gallons you should be fine. What kind of mileage do you get in your TJ? Last time I ran it, we filled up in Georgetown and had a 1/4 tank in Tahoe.

We don't stop anywhere. South Lake Tahoe to the trailhead and back. No stopping except for a bathroom break once.

Thanks!

You'll be fine... I think I usually have about 1/2 a tank if not more by the end of the trip.

TJ's are not JK's and they have smaller tanks. I won't lie, it's close but you should be ok.

TJ's are not JK's and they have smaller tanks. I won't lie, it's close but you should be ok.

It's right around 125-150 total.

start with a full tank and you will be fine. No need for extra fuel.

Highway mileage is almost 15, street is around 10-11, and offroad depends on the terrain, but it's never good!

Thanks for the input guys! I'll probably bring 5 gallons just for peace of mind- I'd hate to be the guy that runs out!

I can't wait!!!

Top Bottom