Watcha cookin'?

This was a custom smoker we built into an outdoor kitchen for one of my clients.

IMG_0058.jpg

I’ve never used it, but the hams, bacon, and pheasants if had out of it have been insane!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Let me know how that goes. I’ve never cooked a tri-tip past 125.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It was very meh. lol
For the amount of time it took I was disappointed. I probably won’t ever cook one like this again. It was okay, but nothing like a good brisket. It was a choice tri tip and not enough of a fat cap or marbling to withstand the high temp.

It was very meh. lol
For the amount of time it took I was disappointed. I probably won’t ever cook one like this again. It was okay, but nothing like a good brisket. It was a choice tri tip and not enough of a fat cap or marbling to withstand the high temp.

I would have imagined it would be dry cooking to that high of a temp. I take em straight from the fridge to the smoker. Set at 215 until the internal temp is 100. Then I pull it off and crank the Traeger as hot as it goes (almost 500 on my machine). Throw it on and cook to 125 internal. Pull and rest for 20 min. I think it turns out good that way. Also Costco has Prime tri-tips most the time which makes a difference.

I would have imagined it would be dry cooking to that high of a temp. I take em straight from the fridge to the smoker. Set at 215 until the internal temp is 100. Then I pull it off and crank the Traeger as hot as it goes (almost 500 on my machine). Throw it on and cook to 125 internal. Pull and rest for 20 min. I think it turns out good that way. Also Costco has Prime tri-tips most the time which makes a difference.

Thankfully the egg came through to keep some moisture. I typically cook them the same. Cook to about 110 pull it and sear it to finish it off.

What temp water did you simmer the dick in? Did that make for a real, nice, tender piece of meat?

I usually do 125 for beef. That’s what this was. The meat was super tender and usually I do it for 2-3 hours. This wasn’t the best cut of meat though cause there was some chewy spots. Think I got a choice that was labeled prime.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom