Watcha cookin'?

Carnitas

20200418_172612.jpg

• 2.5 lb boneless pork shoulder cut into bite-size pieces, sauteed until brown (season with S & P)
• 1 onion of your choice cut into thin slivers, sauteed until soft (after the meat)
• two or three cloves of crushed / minced garlic, cooked with the onions for the final one or two minutes.

Put all of the above into a dutch oven and add the following:
• 1/2 cup of chicken stock
• 3/4 cup of beer
• 1/2 cinnamon stick
• 3 whole cloves
• one small can of diced green chiles, undrained
• one small can of crushed pineapple, undrained

Bake at 275° for 4 hours

Serve with warmed flour and / or corn tortillas, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese and sour cream.

Looks like that turned out well...my last two trips to the supermarket and couldn’t find flour...

We found the bread flower at a specialty grocery store similar to a Whole Foods but it’s a local single location store.

Flour is a scarce commodity around here as well. So is yeast.

The yeast was made with my sourdough starter, Vincent Van Dough. It’s a combination of flour and water that you feed over seven days. You can find a lot of YouTube videos on how to make your own sourdough starter. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dill Rye Sourdough
View attachment 345573

Man oh man, that looks great.

We found the bread flower at a specialty grocery store similar to a Whole Foods but it’s a local single location store.

The yeast was made with my sourdough starter, Vincent Van Dough. It’s a combination of flour and water that you feed over seven days. You can find a lot of YouTube videos on how to make your own sourdough starter. [emoji1303]

Vincent Van Dough 🤣

Thanks for the tip. Looks like that came out great.

Made my own wings hard to believe but is my first time [emoji23][emoji23]🤪
Turned out great
Happy Friday and stay safe View attachment 345513

My formative years were spent just south of Buffalo, so I was raised on chicken wings. Two of my very first jobs were cutting chicken wings like 10 hours a day standing in the freezer, and cleaning up the Buffalo Bills football stadium after home games.

My formative years were spent just south of Buffalo, so I was raised on chicken wings. Two of my very first jobs were cutting chicken wings like 10 hours a day standing in the freezer, and cleaning up the Buffalo Bills football stadium after home games.

So...you are admitting that you are a Bills fan...wide right brah...

Mapo tofu, baby bok choy, and home made dim sum my daughter made...

Attachments

• F926A15D-575D-4B51-AA7E-E9C4705BD888.jpg
    F926A15D-575D-4B51-AA7E-E9C4705BD888.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 50
So...you are admitting that you are a Bills fan...wide right brah...

😂 Christ, between Norwood and OJ... One of them killed the game and the other, well, you know. Honestly though, I don't watch / follow any sports. The closest I come to it are JKX/JLX/JTX videos. Lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom