Watcha cookin'?

What will happen when we run out of usable soil because the hippies only want to eat plants and not have animals?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Lol, hell, that'll never happen. Now if we keep putting more and more small farmers out of business, wellll

My oldest daughter has recently become vegan...I’ve given up trying to cure her, so I’ve been researching vegan recipes to cook for her whenever she comes over...it’s been challenging for me...

The struggle is real! My daughter went vegan Easter last year and never looked back. She inspired me to give vegetarian a try and it’s been four plus months surviving the holidays and a cruise to Mexico. I have more than a few decent dishes that I prepare vegan and vegetarian, because I just can’t give up cheese. I’ll post more up....

That sounds good. gonna have to try that.

I'm not vegan but try to eat plant based first and add heart healthy proteins as sides or additions. It's not as hard as you think, it just takes a while to get used to planning a meal without a meat protein as the focal point. There's some really good vegan cookbooks out there. I'll sometimes follow them and still add a meat protein or sometimes not.

Vegetarian is pretty easy. I don’t think I could do the whole vegan thing full time. I miss cheese, eggs and ice cream after a couple of days. Although the non-dairy ice cream is getting hard to distinguish from the real thing.

Lol, hell, that'll never happen. Now if we keep putting more and more small farmers out of business, wellll

There actually are studies that show we have approx 60 harvests left until the soil will no longer be able to support current growth.

Now sustainable farming is a much different story.

The struggle is real! My daughter went vegan Easter last year and never looked back. She inspired me to give vegetarian a try and it’s been four plus months surviving the holidays and a cruise to Mexico. I have more than a few decent dishes that I prepare vegan and vegetarian, because I just can’t give up cheese. I’ll post more up....

Vegetarian is pretty easy. I don’t think I could do the whole vegan thing full time. I miss cheese, eggs and ice cream after a couple of days. Although the non-dairy ice cream is getting hard to distinguish from the real thing.

Yeah, I don't really miss too many things anymore. . I haven't gone full vegan. I eat chicken, fish and If I get an itch for red meat I'll make buffalo burgers. Coconutmilk ice cream is awesome.

There actually are studies that show we have approx 60 harvests left until the soil will no longer be able to support current growth.

Now sustainable farming is a much different story.

I don't know any of the science but that sounds plausible. Commercial fertilizers can't replenish soils like cover crops and natural soil enhancers do. My next door farmer neighbor did everything organically for 30 years. He always planted cover crops made his own fertilizing soil, rotated plantings, etc. Every year when he tilled up his fields the soil was almost black.

Days. What’s a heart healthy protein?

Reminds me of my first time fishing for redfish and speckled trout in LA many years ago...I asked him how do you cook your trout... he said “you can cook it any way you want, as long as you fry it”...he died 5 years later of a heart attack...I’m not kidding. I’ve been fishing with his guide partner for the last ten years...

Reminds me of my first time fishing for redfish and speckled trout in LA many years ago...I asked him how do you cook your trout... he said “you can cook it any way you want, as long as you fry it”...he died 5 years later of a heart attack...I’m not kidding. I’ve been fishing with his guide partner for the last ten years...

My next door organic farmer who claimed he never ever ate at a fast food restaurant and was the picture of health, died from cancer 5 years ago at the age of 55. If it wants you it gets you. :grayno:

My next door organic farmer who claimed he never ever ate at a fast food restaurant and was the picture of health, died from cancer 5 years ago at the age of 55. If it wants you it gets you. :grayno:

I agree with you on cancer...but heart attacks, you may have more of a role in preventing or encouraging...

Top Bottom