The Return of BIGGER Black

small chance but a big difference in look and ride quality, much better looking now and driving in road at least. Adjusted the timing rings down to about an inch and I feel like that helped as well. More dirt testing to come.
Looks awesome for sure!

Realized I haven’t updated this thread in quite some time. Few things have been done for a while now, and a few things are more recent. One big thing I still need to do is change the rates on the coil over springs, and figure out a few other details. Added a few things over the last 2 weeks but more to come.

Since the last updated I ended up swapping over my EVO inner fenders and trimmed fenders, added a Rhino rack using the Maximus-3 mounting system, mounted my rear EVO Alumalite bumper, and wrapped up the front bumper, decided to take a try at some of American Adventure Lab products.

here are a few pics of the Maximus 3 rack/mount, I’m actually really happy with this, I’ll be putting my tent on for this weekend and will add a few pics of it set up too.

IMG_0012.jpeg
IMG_0005.jpeg
IMG_0013.jpeg

IMG_0014.jpeg

Fenders and front end
IMG_0015.jpeg

IMG_0007.jpeg

Next are a few pics of the American Adventure Lab Tailgate Air Command System, pairs with a arb dual air compressor, haven’t used it really yet but install was pretty straight fwd and so far I like it. Compressor is split half between that box and inside the tailgate. Box fold open for a small table.
IMG_0004.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg
IMG_0010.jpeg

Needed a long run for power to compressor and light anyways so hardwired in some fuse blocks/bridges, also gonna wire up some lights for the back area with that lux box I had laying around.

IMG_0008.jpeg

Waiting in the American Adventure Labs platform floor to come in to cap that off, but we’ll see how it all fit together

Maybe a dumb question but does this mean I have 3.0 coilovers? I thought that the evo kit came with 2.5s but maybe I’m mistaken, or these were what the previous owner maybe upgraded to? I was about to swap these out and the 2.5-14s I ordered for some reason the replacements seemed small to me, so I double checked under my jeep. also does anyone know where a part# would be on the coil over to confirm shock size? Or is it just based on the spring? Not sure if you can intermix spring diameters. Maybe someone can say if these 3.0 springs look like the right fit for this shock? I know the tolerance between the timing rings and spring is tight, Any help would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpeg
    IMG_0070.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0071.jpeg
    IMG_0071.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom