The buying of "Bolder"

Put the factory top on for the long weekend, per the wife's request.

IMG_3277.jpg

Nice change from the trextop I've been running on the old jeep for a while.

IMG_3275.jpg

Picked up this waterproof plug and USB charger for the to-be-built rear storage. Figure it will work for the fridge and give the kids a spot to charge their iPads/iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

View attachment 274975

View attachment 274976

Picked up this waterproof plug and USB charger for the to-be-built rear storage. Figure it will work for the fridge and give the kids a spot to charge their iPads/iPhones.

I have what looks like the exact plug - before you mount it, hook it up to the battery and test it.

I got mine mounted for my daughter's gadgets and found when both USB plugs had something plugged they would take much longer to charge versus it being the only device.

I just ordered Blue Sea Contura style dual USD switches 2.4A each port. I haven't determined where i'm going to mount them yet, all I envision is usb cables all over the place

1039-2.jpg

The buying of "Bolder"

I have what looks like the exact plug - before you mount it, hook it up to the battery and test it.

I got mine mounted for my daughter's gadgets and found when both USB plugs had something plugged they would take much longer to charge versus it being the only device.

I just ordered Blue Sea Contura style dual USD switches 2.4A each port. I haven't determined where i'm going to mount them yet, all I envision is usb cables all over the place

View attachment 274980

Thanks for the tip! :thumb:

We rarely let our kids use gadgets while off-road, so I'm not overly concerned if the devices ever charge. LOL. But if it doesn't work well that's good to know. Was yours direct wired to the battery? Or is it the plug itself that is the problem?

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! :thumb:

We rarely let our kids use gadgets while off-road, so I'm not overly concerned it the devices don't ever charge. LOL. But if it doesn't work well that's good to know. Was yours direct wired to the battery? Or is it the plug itself that is the problem?

I have it direct to the battery but it's the plug that's the problem. No matter what 2 devices I'd plug into it, the charging would slow down.

View attachment 274975

View attachment 274976

I let my kids ride in the back seat. Guess the cargo area would work too with some tie downs and USB plugs. [emoji33]

I let my kids ride in the back seat. Guess the cargo area would work too with some tie downs and USB plugs. [emoji33]

Good to know. #parentoftheyear :thumb: Curious though, you're charging cables are only ~3" long? :idontknow:

I have it direct to the battery but it's the plug that's the problem. No matter what 2 devices I'd plug into it, the charging would slow down.

Good to know. I'll check it before the install. Thanks for posting that up, and I am glad I ordered through Amazon with free returns. :thumb: :yup:

LOL! Thanks.

Thinking a run down your way soon sounds like a good idea. :idontknow:
We need to put something together for sure. I havnt had a chance to get out and play since our last run. Gettin the itch again haha

Alright Alright Alright

The 1A port will not charge most newer/larger devices (like an iPad), or at least not at a level that is worth a crap.

We were just about packed up and ready to go when a trip to urgent care changed our plans.

IMG_3281.jpg

Figure I might as well sit in a camp chair and have a cool one in the garage instead.

Top Bottom