The building of knuckles

Is the windjammer pretty easy to take on and off? I think it would be great but with the sometimes 40 degree temperature changes we get here I'd like to be able to have something I can drop quickly and get more airflow.

Is the windjammer pretty easy to take on and off? I think it would be great but with the sometimes 40 degree temperature changes we get here I'd like to be able to have something I can drop quickly and get more airflow.

First, it's made for a 2 door so you have to make it fit the 4 door. Nothing some California sunshine and a little ingenuity can't take care of.
Second, it depends, in part, on whether you run the seat belts through it or not. The belts feed through a slit in the material and require the removal of the front part of the belt.

I plan to run my rear seat belts through it. I plan to use it when the family is with me and needs the wind protection. I will either remove it completely or "hopefully" fold it out of the way behind the rear seats when not in use. I've "heard" you can do this, but I will not know for certain until I do it. You could probably modify it by cutting it so it could be completely removable, but that seems like too much work.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

First, it's made for a 2 door so you have to make it fit the 4 door. Nothing some California sunshine and a little ingenuity can't take care of.
Second, it depends, in part, on whether you run the seat belts through it or not. The belts feed through a slit in the material and require the removal of the front part of the belt.

I plan to run my rear seat belts through it. I plan to use it when the family is with me and needs the wind protection. I will either remove it completely or "hopefully" fold it out of the way behind the rear seats when not in use. I've "heard" you can do this, but I will not know for certain until I do it. You could probably modify it by cutting it so it could be completely removable, but that seems like too much work.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

No worries dude, thanks for the info. It looks really good!!👍👍

Nice! My kids love helping but they always manage to pick up the hose when I'm not looking and spray the Jeep after I'm done drying it! :)

LOL! Truth. I told them to go play on the grass at that point. Even managed to get them to help with a coat of wax. :thumb:

LOL! Truth. I told them to go play on the grass at that point. Even managed to get them to help with a coat of wax. :thumb:

How did you do that?!

The good news is my kids love helping, but their idea of helping is slightly different than mine! But I wouldn't trade the help for anything! :)

Sweet! Just curious, why did you consider going back to 35s? Also, how many miles did you get out of your previous set?

For the most part 35s are big enough. Very few trails do you need 37s. You break more with 37s. 35s are less expensive and you get better gas mileage. I'd say for the vast majority of people 35s are perfect.

Don't get me wrong I love the 37s and like to run quite a few trails where they are nice to have. Plus I had a new spare and only had to buy 4. And I've already done everything I need to do to run 37s, including regearing, so it didn't make sense to undo what I've already changed.

Like I said I did consider it, but in the end went with 37s. :)

I got 33,000+ miles out of my Nittos. They were measured at ~40%. They would have lasted me this year for sure. But since I knew I would buy new ones before the winter I figured I could sell mine and further offset the cost of the new ones along with the DT rebate.

Whew that was a long answer!

Check out my new DTD/EVOlever...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425617373.146030.jpg

Or not. :grayno:

Looks like shower pan is leaking. Most likely the entire thing has to come out and be rebuilt.

Any tile guys want to give me a bid? :idontknow:

Top Bottom