The build/re-build of Gruff

Read this entire thread on and off all night. Really nice build! Enjoyed the evolution of your JKU and I'm really jealous of all the land you have access to! :thumb:

Read this entire thread on and off all night. Really nice build! Enjoyed the evolution of your JKU and I'm really jealous of all the land you have access to! :thumb:

Thanks buddy - I'm flattered! I'm fortunate. My neighbors are really cool too. Too bad with as much undeveloped land that there is here in the east so much is off limits/restricted.:grayno:

new goodies & some maintenance

Just got in a Rubi sway bar compliments of Mo0s3 and ordered up an EVO No-Limits manual actuator from ORE.

1012161008.jpg

1019162204.jpg

Took the electric actuator off & installed the No-Limits this evening.

1019162205.jpg

1019162216.jpg

I'm gonna post up the actuator on the free section in case anyone out there needs one.

Also changed my front & rear diff fluid. Nice & clean.

1017162032a.jpg

1018162159.jpg

Thanks all! I've been looking for a takeoff for awhile & jumped on this one. That No-Limits actuator is slick as hell. Simple & easy to operate.

Yeah Nick, if you want the actuator it's yours. I'll bring it with me next trip. :thumb:

looks good man, I haven't wheeled my new Rubicon much yet, but just curious did you find the electric disconnected to be annoying how hit will go on an off? is this why you upgraded? I noticed that it takes a moment and really need to be on level ground to get mine to disconnect.

looks good man, I haven't wheeled my new Rubicon much yet, but just curious did you find the electric disconnected to be annoying how hit will go on an off? is this why you upgraded? I noticed that it takes a moment and really need to be on level ground to get mine to disconnect.

I don't have a Rubicon - I started with a sport, hence the upgrade. I'm going to try to install this weekend so I'll get to try it out firsthand then. Works awesome on the workbench tho!
I thought about the Air Operated version disco but decided in the end to just go manual.

I don't have a Rubicon - I started with a sport, hence the upgrade. I'm going to try to install this weekend so I'll get to try it out firsthand then. Works awesome on the workbench tho!
I thought about the Air Operated version disco but decided in the end to just go manual.

ah i gotcha, i knew that!! look fwd to hearing how you like it.. i may look at the air operated version if i end up adding a dual compressor to mine- will see how i like the electronic one for a while though!

Rubi sway bar instralled

Threw the Rubi sway bar I just picked up on Gruff yesterday. Simple install actually. 4 bolts on the frame & the one on each link end. Took it on a couple trails and man, this is way cool & easy to operate: Turn the knob all the way in & its disconnected, turn the knob back out & it reconnects. When I got off the trail & turned knob out to reconnect I was on un-even ground. It didn't connect right away but I pulled out on the road & gave the steering wheel a couple quick turns back & forth & it connected quick. Nice upgrade. I'd suggest it to anyone that started with a Sport/Sahara package & didn't get one factory installed.

7D_19049.jpg

7D_19051.jpg

That's one of the best things about it! I have reconnected it when I was close to fully flexed out and when I hit level again it locks in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

How have the threads on the knob on yours help up? That's the only thing that I thought I'd have to watch over time. I glopped a shitload of anti-seize on it so I'll see how it holds up.

Threw the Rubi sway bar I just picked up on Gruff yesterday. Simple install actually. 4 bolts on the frame & the one on each link end. Took it on a couple trails and man, this is way cool & easy to operate: Turn the knob all the way in & its disconnected, turn the knob back out & it reconnects. When I got off the trail & turned knob out to reconnect I was on un-even ground. It didn't connect right away but I pulled out on the road & gave the steering wheel a couple quick turns back & forth & it connected quick. Nice upgrade. I'd suggest it to anyone that started with a Sport/Sahara package & didn't get one factory installed.

View attachment 228117

View attachment 228118

Hey Ddays, do you mind saying how much $ you have into the swaybar mod?

How have the threads on the knob on yours help up? That's the only thing that I thought I'd have to watch over time. I glopped a shitload of anti-seize on it so I'll see how it holds up.
Great! Never put anti seize on mine at all.
Hey Ddays, do you mind saying how much $ you have into the swaybar mod?

I can't speak for Ddays but I spent about $300 for my Rubi sway bar and Evo no limits

Top Bottom