The build/re-build of Gruff

awesome pics and the rig is looking amazing !

Thank you buddy! Nice thing is that everything is working well on it. Bending that flange was driver error...

Yeah, seeing those pictures makes me wish I could go wheeling with you guys lol.

I guarantee you that you'd have a blast! I sure did. Everyone was awesome there. Got to meet a lot of folks, put faces to avatars and made new friends!

Awesome pics and so jealous of your rig Jerry!:thumb:

Thanks Pete! Yours is sweet too! Looking forward to finished pics of your skins.

The ride definitely is looking great. How are the Coopers holding up? I'm really curious about he sidewalls.

Thanks man! The Coopers held up great. The sidewalls really didn't scuff at all. No chunking of tread blocks at all. I beat the shit out of one of my wheel rings but the tire actually held up better than it did. Traction wise, no issues.
I'd never knock Nitto's, Toyo's, etc because I never ran them, but as of now I have zero reason to run anything other than these tires. The only exception I would add is that they've gotten louder as they've worn down but that's every tire.
And they still aren't as loud as Mud Graps!

nice pics! looks like a fun day out there, jeep flexes out very well!

Sweet pics! Your JKU is looking great. :yup:

Thanks! I was really looking forward to maxing out the flex because so far I've never really managed to do it like we did last week. I've gotten close but I was never really able to
push it to the ends of usable travel. And as much bitching and moaning I've done over the issues I had getting my RK kit dialed in, I have to say it performed well. Overall I'm really happy with the setup.
Now seeing how Steve's coilovers flexed out, well......

Think how good they'd have been with a really nice camera?

Yeah, Steve is multi-talented. Tour guide, beer drinker, cigar smoker...the list goes on. But Nick claims he taught him everything :idontknow:

I clearly taught Steve everything. Except pulling shafts.....

Yeah, Steve is multi-talented. Tour guide, beer drinker, cigar smoker...the list goes on. But Nick claims he taught him everything :idontknow:

His hand signals are spot on with his verbal instructions too! [go...STOP!]

I've told Steve multiple times I trust his spotting to the point I would wheel blindfolded... I kinda wanna try it!

No doubt. I would too. I was referring to when you let me pull in front of you when we pulled over for that group & then proceeded to nail that big damn rock....

OK so nobody's perfect

Got my replacement axle in from Dynatrac today. Went to pick up the box the FedEx driver left at the loading dock and thought, damn this axle is heavier than I remember.
Took it into my office & opened it up and found:

1004162017a.jpg

Two axles! Whoops! I was only supposed to get one. Called them up & arranged for the extra to be returned to them.

When cleaning up Gruff last Sunday, I noticed I evidently sacrificed the Dynatrac logo from my front axle cover to one of the Rausch gods somewhere last weekend.
I asked for one when I ordered the axle and instead of them sending me one they sent 4. Ok, I admit I'm keeping all 4 stickers. Don't tell. ;)

1004162022.jpg

Got my replacement axle in from Dynatrac today. Went to pick up the box the FedEx driver left at the loading dock and thought, damn this axle is heavier than I remember.
Took it into my office & opened it up and found:

View attachment 225643

Two axles! Whoops! I was only supposed to get one. Called them up & arranged for the extra to be returned to them.

When cleaning up Gruff last Sunday, I noticed I evidently sacrificed the Dynatrac logo from my front axle cover to one of the Rausch gods somewhere last weekend.
I asked for one when I ordered the axle and instead of them sending me one they sent 4. Ok, I admit I'm keeping all 4 stickers. Don't tell. ;)

View attachment 225647

Damn that was some quick shipping!

Yea I would keep the stickers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'd put one of the stickers on my forehead. Guaranteed to make you smarter and make your head harder.

Top Bottom