The build/re-build of Gruff

Thanks all for the previous comments - appreciated!

Did you go with 2.0 or 2.5s and what spring rates? I feel for mine 200 over 250 in the rear is not enough on the 2.0.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I went with the King 2.0. I know the rear rates because I figured those out but Accutune did the fronts and they escape me at the momemt - I'll look those up and post together.

After wheeling with them this weekend, I can't envision any advantage that the 2.5's would have over the 2.0's for what I intend to do. Maybe high speed running but that's all I can think of. This setup was nailed right out of the chute. It's perfect other than it's a tad higher than I hoped. But the springs are brand new so maybe they'll settle in some. The highway ride is better than my JL, other than sharp sudden bumps, then it stiffens very quickly and you get the thump. but on anything else it just floats along. I'm sure the C sidewalls on the Coopers help as well. overall, this rides, handles, and performs better on the highway better than when it as on 37's. And oddly enough, it seems that the engine performs better with the 40's/5:38 gearing better than the 37's/5:13 combo. I didn't expect that. I thought it was gonna be a turd at highway speeds and it's not.

It’s awesome you hit it right out the gate! All that time in the shop really paid off!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I thought you went on a run, but I don't see any proof, like pictures.

You know we are all expecting to see just how good Gruff did🤣🤣

Thanks all for the previous comments - appreciated!

I went with the King 2.0. I know the rear rates because I figured those out but Accutune did the fronts and they escape me at the momemt - I'll look those up and post together.

After wheeling with them this weekend, I can't envision any advantage that the 2.5's would have over the 2.0's for what I intend to do. Maybe high speed running but that's all I can think of. This setup was nailed right out of the chute. It's perfect other than it's a tad higher than I hoped. But the springs are brand new so maybe they'll settle in some. The highway ride is better than my JL, other than sharp sudden bumps, then it stiffens very quickly and you get the thump. but on anything else it just floats along. I'm sure the C sidewalls on the Coopers help as well. overall, this rides, handles, and performs better on the highway better than when it as on 37's. And oddly enough, it seems that the engine performs better with the 40's/5:38 gearing better than the 37's/5:13 combo. I didn't expect that. I thought it was gonna be a turd at highway speeds and it's not.
Nice and I agree with you about the 2.5s. Glad to see you got her up and running. I have set my stance 3 times already due to settling in but it was just minor adjustments and I think its good to go for now.

Also, the extra height took me a few days to get use to as well but happy all around.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Whew, busy couple days. I started to post some pics but didn't get the chance to finish up.
Overall, I'm beyond happy with how Gruff did over the weekend. Once I got the out-of-round tire
off and in the spare slot this things rides great on the highway. Before I figured out what was going on with the
one tire I was ready to order 5 brand new ones. It was so bad I could actually see it out of the window. Here's a few pics that Steve, Nick, and Jeff
sent me. I need to do a follow up with more info. The shop gave me a flash drive with a shitload of pics detailing the process and it's excellent.
Problem is there are like 200 pics on it and I need to whittle it down. Anyhoo, here are a couple of the pics.

IMG_0018.JPG

19204.jpeg

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

19194.jpeg

19202.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpg

Rig is looking good brah...I would laquer a spam musubi and mount it as a hood ornament

Thanks. Lol, I do need a musubi mascot now

Can’t wait to see Gruff in action next weekend!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I'm really hoping it stays fairly dry. This will be fun - I'm really looking forward to this. Also really looking forward to seeing all of the rigs together - there's gonna be a great collection of different setups.

As of right now sunny and gorgeous Friday and Saturday. Sunday rain showers. Yesterday was rain Friday through Sunday. No point looking till Thursday. Lol

Damn Jerry Gruff is looking great!!! I can’t wait to get the group back together for another run! We will be able to hit all the hard trails with no hesitation lol!!![emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If your tires were new can they replace the one that is so out of round? Gruff looks very badass too

I stopped yesterday & talked to the owner of the garage I bought the tires from - he said without hesitation that they'd handle it & get me a replacement under warranty.
That's a relief, but I've been dealing with them for over 30 years now for that very reason.

Damn Jerry Gruff is looking great!!! I can’t wait to get the group back together for another run! We will be able to hit all the hard trails with no hesitation lol!!![emoji6]

Thanks Matt! IDK, I don't think I'll be able to keep up with your rig but at least I don't have to worry about breaking too much shit now :D

Certainly looks good now!

Glad to hear it all went without a hitch, except for a bum tire. At least that won't be a hard fix.

Whew, busy couple days. I started to post some pics but didn't get the chance to finish up.
Overall, I'm beyond happy with how Gruff did over the weekend. Once I got the out-of-round tire
off and in the spare slot this things rides great on the highway. Before I figured out what was going on with the
one tire I was ready to order 5 brand new ones. It was so bad I could actually see it out of the window. Here's a few pics that Steve, Nick, and Jeff
sent me. I need to do a follow up with more info. The shop gave me a flash drive with a shitload of pics detailing the process and it's excellent.
Problem is there are like 200 pics on it and I need to whittle it down. Anyhoo, here are a couple of the pics.

Awesome shots :thumb:

Top Bottom