The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

LOL! im not gonna lie but thats what i thought of when i was buying it! i love those movies! have all of them on blue ray

HAHAHA! same here, hard to be a speed demon in a JK so we need to live vicariously through movie franchises. :cheesy:

Jeep looks so good Steve! Love what you did with the interior. If you want, I have a set of red led strips collecting dust in my work room. They are wired up with a switch and harness for a camaro but I'm sure you could make em work. Yours for the cost of nothing. I'll bring em if we ever meet up at Rausch.

Jeep looks so good Steve! Love what you did with the interior. If you want, I have a set of red led strips collecting dust in my work room. They are wired up with a switch and harness for a camaro but I'm sure you could make em work. Yours for the cost of nothing. I'll bring em if we ever meet up at Rausch.

thanks! i might take you up on that

I have a set of red led strips collecting dust in my work room.[/QUOTE said:
You are not going to turn your Jeep into a space ship with a lot of lights are you COZ? NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cheesy:

Not a huge fan of excessive interior light espcially at night. Messes with my night vision. But withe great price of nothing cannot beat that.

Live lone and prosper.
;)
R/
Will

I went overboard with the interior lighting on my SS, the damn thing looked like a strip club at night haha.

The lights I have are meant for the footwells only. My jk has ambient lighting already so I can't use them, plus I don't have a red theme going on this jeep. I think it would be just enough to set off his interior at night without being gaudy. I agree though. Too much interior lighting is very distracting. Plus... it's a jeep not a show car :)

You are not going to turn your Jeep into a space ship with a lot of lights are you COZ? NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cheesy:

Not a huge fan of excessive interior light espcially at night. Messes with my night vision. But withe great price of nothing cannot beat that.

Live lone and prosper.
;)
R/
Will

double post sweet.

Found you Jeep already with the accent lighting.

View attachment 103063View attachment 103064

LOL! well for the price of free its worth a shot. i would do just the foot wells if i was to. i was never a treky, more of a star wars fan ;)

LOL! well for the price of free its worth a shot. i would do just the foot wells if i was to. i was never a treky, more of a star wars fan ;)

I too am a Star Wars fan, however their speeders, X-Wing Fighters and the Millennium Falcon do not have accent lighting like the Trek's space ships do.

Looking great Coz, I know I'm a few pages lat but what kind of prep work did you do on the rings? and which primer and paint used?

Looking great Coz, I know I'm a few pages lat but what kind of prep work did you do on the rings? and which primer and paint used?

For prep work I scuffed up the rings with some sand paper, cleaned the rings really good with some pre-paint spray that I actually got from plasti-dip (its ammonia and water basically), used two coats of rustolium primer, then used a factory color matched paint from a place called automotive touch up's that overlander told me about. Used two coats of that and just over a can on all 5 rings

For prep work I scuffed up the rings with some sand paper, cleaned the rings really good with some pre-paint spray that I actually got from plasti-dip (its ammonia and water basically), used two coats of rustolium primer, then used a factory color matched paint from a place called automotive touch up's that overlander told me about. Used two coats of that and just over a can on all 5 rings

Well here goes nothing! Would be awesome if I got picked! Chances are really slim but a man can dream right?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412601675.337911.jpg

Nice! Good luck man. Would be awesome to see a non-stretched 2door out there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good luck bro :thumb:

Your right a man can always dream also a you never know unless you try :thumb:

thanks guys! never signed up before cause i knew my rig wasnt ready. as it sits today it still not ready BUT i believe im ready as a driver which is just as important imo :yup:

thanks guys! never signed up before cause i knew my rig wasnt ready. as it sits today it still not ready BUT i believe im ready as a driver which is just as important imo :yup:

Hey gotta start somewhere :thumb:

Skill > equipment. You're not too far off from their requirements as it is anyway. What are you missing? Cage and a rear locker?

Best of luck Steve, as a fellow 2 door owner who isn't rocking a 100k build I'd love to see you get picked. (plus, you seem cool as hell and have given me some great advice on several occasions.)

Top Bottom