The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

Andy drove down from NYC to give me his old jkur coils. Like any good guest I had to take him to the local brewery

then we went back to my house a mile away and had to get a group pic
I’d be careful around that guy…he has an affection for vodka…

Never thought I would be updating this thread lol

Last week while on vacation the new owner of knuckles reached out. He bought it from the guy I sold it to. Anyway he had some questions about what I have done to him in the past. Pointed him here for more details. He has done some different mods to knuckles and is enjoying him. The new owner is a nice guy and seems like knuckles is in a good new home.

I have given him permission to keep this thread updated with what he does if he so chooses and will change the thread name to his username as well once/if he does.

IMG_0194.jpeg

Never thought I would be updating this thread lol

Last week while on vacation the new owner of knuckles reached out. He bought it from the guy I sold it to. Anyway he had some questions about what I have done to him in the past. Pointed him here for more details. He has done some different mods to knuckles and is enjoying him. The new owner is a nice guy and seems like knuckles is in a good new home.

I have given him permission to keep this thread updated with what he does if he so chooses and will change the thread name to his username as well once/if he does.

View attachment 412163

Thats pretty cool! Still looking good too (y)

I was recently lucky enough to purchase Steve's old JK "Knuckles." Last week I reached out to the guy I bought him from to see if he had any contact information on the original owner and fortunately he had kept Steve's info. Steve was kind enough to share his build thread on this sight so I had some background on this beautiful build. Without knowledge of his history, "Knuckles" has now been rebadged as "Big Red" but I'm sure his personality will remain the same! A few things have changed. I replaced the beadlocks due to the fact I couldn't get them balanced well for highway speeds. The new wheels are a set of RockTrix that now roll smoothly. I also replaced the track bar with a Rough Country bar to eliminate the death wobble he would sometimes get when hitting sharp bumps (all good now). Other additions are an ARB stubby bumper, a Warn VR8 Evo S winch and a pair of Baja Design LP9 knockoff fog lamps (ridiculously bright...I can't believe the originals could be any brighter).

Attachments

• 20240820_103227.jpg
    20240820_103227.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240820_091535.jpg
    20240820_091535.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240820_103300.jpg
    20240820_103300.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240820_103315.jpg
    20240820_103315.jpg