Teraflex HD Hinge not flush?

Lol. I sincerely hope the best for you with the "new and improved" carrier, especially since you will be using it to go overlanding (whatever the hell that is).

As for the hatred of TeraFlex well, in my opinion, it is well-earned. When you make substandard shit that breaks (trackbars, carriers, control arm mounts, etc.) and blame the product deficiencies on your customers, you deserve some hate.

Lol. I sincerely hope the best for you with the "new and improved" carrier, especially since you will be using it to go overlanding (whatever the hell that is).

As for the hatred of TeraFlex well, in my opinion, it is well-earned. When you make substandard shit that breaks (trackbars, carriers, control arm mounts, etc.) and blame the product deficiencies on your customers, you deserve some hate.

Oh Sharkey - all these awesome flavors and you choose to be salty.

Overlanding is indeed a thing - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlanding

What I should have said was I don't plan on pushing my Jeep like some do on these forums. I prefer going places where the adventure is much more enjoyable for my wife and kids. Heading out into wilderness to camp versus climbing rock shelves or rock crawling. That sort of thing. To each their own.

Oh Sharkey - all these awesome flavors and you choose to be salty.

Overlanding is indeed a thing - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlanding

What I should have said was I don't plan on pushing my Jeep like some do on these forums. I prefer going places where the adventure is much more enjoyable for my wife and kids. Heading out into wilderness to camp versus climbing rock shelves or rock crawling. That sort of thing. To each their own.

Funny. That's what I do with my mostly stock JKUR as well. It's called camping. Overlanding is term made up by a bunch of dudes wearing big brimmed hats and pants that have zip off legs. Maybe the term has some legitimacy in Australia or Africa, but it's funny when people use it to describe camping in the U.S. Out of curiosity, what is the farthest you have ever driven without touching pavement?

Regardless, TerrorFlex sucks donkey dicks no matter what you call your adventures. If you don't think their issues are disproportionate to some of the other manufacturers out there, you are blind.

Last edited:
Funny. That's what I do with my mostly stock JKUR as well. It's called camping. Overlanding is term made up by a bunch of dudes wearing big brimmed hats and pants that have zip off legs. Maybe the term has some legitimacy in Australia or Africa, but it's funny when people use it to describe camping in the U.S. Out of curiosity, what is the farthest you have ever driven without touching pavement?

Regardless, TerrorFlex sucks donkey dicks no matter what you call your adventures. If you don't think their issues are disproportionate to some of the other manufacturers out there, you are blind.

Thank you for that helpful response!

People honestly pay money for this "carrier"?

Cause it's the strongest carrier on the market DUUHHHH!

Seriously I don't get it. Not sure why people buy this and why people continue to call it overlanding as well.

It ties the 2 hinges together making the tailgate significantly more rigid. It's definitely overpriced though. Almost $700 here!

So your saying that people like Overlander, Mel at ore, Medixjk, and other who have crawled some huge curbs at the mall with a heavy ass 35's on the factory carrier and hinges for over 30,000 as well as some doing it with 37's that the factory hinge isn't strong enough and they should spend the $400+ (idgaf how much it is) on this hinge? Idk factory seems strong enough for me

So your saying that people like Overlander, Mel at ore, Medixjk, and other who have crawled some huge curbs at the mall with a heavy ass 35's on the factory carrier and hinges for over 30,000 as well as some doing it with 37's that the factory hinge isn't strong enough and they should spend the $400+ (idgaf how much it is) on this hinge? Idk factory seems strong enough for me

Mate I'm still running stock and have plan to change anytime soon. I'm just saying its a very neat way of triangulating the hinges which is the same concept as a lot of the body mounted carriers out there.

Mate I'm still running stock and have plan to change anytime soon. I'm just saying its a very neat way of triangulating the hinges which is the same concept as a lot of the body mounted carriers out there.

I just don't see the need to pay 400 bucks for something that "looks neat" that isn't needed, especially if sticking with stock tires.

People buy what they want, but to me that's way too much money for something you can't even tell is really there unless you really look. Plus its only $200 cheaper than what I paid for my full bumper and tire carrier.

I couldn't find the answer I was looking for in search... but those with the Teraflex HD hinge on the tailgate, does yours sit completely flush against the tailgate from the top looking down? I have a small gap on the side that contacts the tailgate toward the right (near the hinge). It's a very minor gap, but the gap is there. I double checked torque on the bolts and it's all good. The quarter panel the hinge attaches to is completely flush and solid - it's just the tailgate side that doesn't sit flush. Tailgate is even with the quarter panel - so that tailgate isn't sunken in or anything like that. Thoughts? :thinking:

Ah, you probably installed it wrong... :naw:

:cheesy:

images (2).jpg

Top Bottom