Steering Stabilizer Q's

NME

So I am going be upgrading my steering stabilizer while I am installing my new steering components, and I keep reading that getting one with the pass-through body is recommended, but I found a couple from Fox and I am not sure which would be more applicable to my own needs. So there seems to be 2 grades, one being the standard one and then the ATS one

So I don't plan to go over 3" of lift anytime soon and I won't be going over 37" tires. So would the TS (and cheaper) option be enough? Or should I pull the trigger on the ATS stabilizer in preparation of the eventual coilovers in the next couple years? Will the coilovers even make a difference if my tire size doesn't go over 37"? Do I even need either and would a closed shaft bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer work well enough? Thanks for any info, I appreciate you all.

Last edited:
Northridge sucks.

Why are you 'upgrading' your steering stabilizer anyways?
I am not ordering from them, just used them because they had links I could use and they came up first when I searched the stabilizers. I have a couple local offroad shops that carry both models nearby.

The one I have on right now had zero resistance left in it and moves like a bicycle air pump. Just time to put a different one on. There just seems to be a lot of debate on necessity of the type. The gents down at rockjock said any pass-through will perform better than a closed shaft but they didn't really have any specific brands they would recommend. Forums are a brand thirst trap so they weren't very helpful in pinning down which or if even needed.

I am not ordering from them, just used them because they had links I could use and they came up first when I searched the stabilizers. I have a couple local offroad shops that carry both models nearby.

The one I have on right now had zero resistance left in it and moves like a bicycle air pump. Just time to put a different one on. There just seems to be a lot of debate on necessity of the type. The gents down at rockjock said any pass-through will perform better than a closed shaft but they didn't really have any specific brands they would recommend. Forums are a brand thirst trap so they weren't very helpful in pinning down which or if even needed.
I wouldn't spend the money on a high end steering stabilizer. OEM works just fine for its intended purpose. I'm running one from Rough Country, only because I bashed my OEM. It was cheaper than an OEM replacement and came with a relocation kit. Been running it for nearly 9 years and it still works fine.

I'm not really one to point stuff out like this, but I would probably get rid of the links in the first post, if for nothing else just for respect for the guy who owns the forum.

For what it's worth I haven't run a SS on my 2dr in years with 37x13.50s and my 4dr just had an issue with the mount and I took the SS off and noticed nothing different. Can it help? Maybe idk I don't notice anything different without one

Top Bottom