SMORR June 13th-14th

I'll be there.

Although I do want to wheel on Friday, I think that still gives us plenty of time. If we meet in Sullivan around 11, then we can still be at SMORR by 2ish. Could quickly set up camp and get on the trail.

Cool, I should be able to get out of here early and be down there by 3-ish. Whenever you guys get down there, lemme know where you set up camp and what CB Channel you guys are running and I'll drop my stuff off and catch up with you guys out on the trail. :beer::beer:

Although I do want to wheel on Friday, I think that still gives us plenty of time. If we meet in Sullivan around 11, then we can still be at SMORR by 2ish. Could quickly set up camp and get on the trail.

We probably won't wheel Friday, but will run to the park with you and hang out while setting up camp. When you guys head to the trails we'll run into Springfield and get our hotel booked and grab a bite to eat, then maybe head back to the park to put down some beer :beer:

I would say my plans are final now.

Heading out tomorrow morning and getting to SMORR around 3pm. Wheeling that night. I'll post a pic of my campsite so you guys know what to look for. Another guy in our club will be on his way back from work in Tennessee and plans to join us for the weekend. He has a stock '15 JK Rubi and I don't see him doing anything more than a level 3. Also, he plans to stay at a hotel in Seymour.

Friday, I'll probably hit the trails by 9am. Try to be back to camp around 2:30p. After that, it's all about wheelin' and having a good time. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

We'll be on CB channel 33. I have a handheld right now, cause I haven't redone my setup since adding corners. But the other guy has a hardwired setup. If we're not at camp, just drive around aimlessly, asking for Gecko, that's me! :D

I would say my plans are final now.

Heading out tomorrow morning and getting to SMORR around 3pm. Wheeling that night. I'll post a pic of my campsite so you guys know what to look for. Another guy in our club will be on his way back from work in Tennessee and plans to join us for the weekend. He has a stock '15 JK Rubi and I don't see him doing anything more than a level 3. Also, he plans to stay at a hotel in Seymour.

Friday, I'll probably hit the trails by 9am. Try to be back to camp around 2:30p. After that, it's all about wheelin' and having a good time. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

We'll be on CB channel 33. I have a handheld right now, cause I haven't redone my setup since adding corners. But the other guy has a hardwired setup. If we're not at camp, just drive around aimlessly, asking for Gecko, that's me! :D

Sounds like a good plan! Everybody post them up :yup: Let's get arrival times, dates, and how many rigs in your group.

My plans are as follows...leaving home at 10:00-10:15 Friday morning, hopefully meet Greg__Berger in Sullivan and head for Smorr, should be there around 2:00-2:30, plan on hanging at the campground and getting to know everybody, head out to Springfield to book a room, eat and unwind. We might go back to the campground later Friday night for round 2 of beers if we're feeling up to it.

Saturday...meet BlackHawk08JK either at his house or our hotel and head to the park and be there by 9:00 to hit the trails. Up in the air for Saturday evening, plans depend on when we get off the trails. Heading to Republic after wheeling to visit some personal friends.

Can't wait to meet everybody and get some off road miles on my Jeep :rock:

Cool, I should be able to get out of here early and be down there by 3-ish. Whenever you guys get down there, lemme know where you set up camp and what CB Channel you guys are running and I'll drop my stuff off and catch up with you guys out on the trail. :beer::beer:

I don't have a CB yet :eek: but I'll be camping on site and hanging with the group. Looking forward to it!

Yeah me too (at least leave them in Springfield), thank god for the sunrider...at least be able to throw it back if the sun comes out.

Yeah, I could leave the top and doors and just bring the freedom tops and a tarp, but if we actually get a good storm then it's not going to be much fun.

Yeah, I could leave the top and doors and just bring the freedom tops and a tarp, but if we actually get a good storm then it's not going to be much fun.

I guess I'm not a true Jeeper because I don't want the interior of my Jeep getting wet :idontknow:

Are you running a hard top?

I guess I'm not a true Jeeper because I don't want the interior of my Jeep getting wet :idontknow:

Are you running a hard top?

I am. And I'm in the same boat. I've been caught in downpours a few times without a top and doors. Luckily, I always keep a tarp in the Jeep so I was able to cover the important stuff (dash, console, etc.), but the tub did fill up with water. And although it's not the end of the world - I don't prefer that to happen.

Looks like I won't be able to make it down in enough time to go wheeling tomorrow, stupid work. Hoping to still be down there by 5 to drink beers and hang out. My buddy has an enclosed trailer we're gonna try to fit the Jeep into so that I don't have to set up a tent in the rain, because I'm a weenie. :blush:. If that happens, gonna bring a table and chairs so if it rains, we can hang out in there. :yup:.

Looks like I won't be able to make it down in enough time to go wheeling tomorrow, stupid work. Hoping to still be down there by 5 to drink beers and hang out. My buddy has an enclosed trailer we're gonna try to fit the Jeep into so that I don't have to set up a tent in the rain, because I'm a weenie. :blush:. If that happens, gonna bring a table and chairs so if it rains, we can hang out in there. :yup:.

Good, the EZ up that my brother has is to much of a pain to put in the Jeep, takes up a lot of room

Nice. I'll bring some camp chairs and a table too. My tent is big enough to hangout in too if you end up not having the trailer.

I am. And I'm in the same boat. I've been caught in downpours a few times without a top and doors. Luckily, I always keep a tarp in the Jeep so I was able to cover the important stuff (dash, console, etc.), but the tub did fill up with water. And although it's not the end of the world - I don't prefer that to happen.

It happened to me at a restaurant last summer, had the freedom tops out while we were inside eating, a pop-up storm came through. It rained so much in a short period, it filled the cup holders to the top :shock:

Top Bottom