Sin City to The Capital

We departed Chester, CA this morning and drove along the east side of Lake Almanor on Hwy-A13 merging into Hwy-147 and then working our way south and intersecting with Hwy-89. We continued on Hwy-89 south with the destination of Lake Tahoe. It was a beautiful drive winding through the mountains and alpine meadows. Much of the road followed creek beds. We passed through a lot of small towns and settlements. There were several road construction sites where one lane of the road was closed and we had to wait our turn to go. We didn’t really mind as the scenery was great and we were not in a rush.

Lake Almanor with Lassen in the background.

IMG_7401.jpeg

One of the many creeks we paralleled.

IMG_4129.jpeg

IMG_4127.jpeg

The white area is a Travertine Spring
IMG_4128.jpeg

IMG_4132.jpeg

Much of the road followed the rail line.
IMG_7424.jpeg

We finally arrived at Truckee where we stopped to walk around. It’s an interesting town with a lot of history and a ton of tourists. With the nearby ski resort, the proximity of Lake Tahoe, and nearby Interstate 80- the town was super busy. The fact that it is summer and Independence Day was last week did not help.

I heard there are some good BBQ places around. 😜
IMG_4135.jpeg

A cool mural
IMG_4136.jpeg

Old Town Truckee
IMG_7432.jpeg

IMG_7438.jpeg

IMG_7445.jpeg

Gas is NOT cheap here.
IMG_7437.jpeg

While it may be considered vandalism by some, I do find mild entertainment in the wacky stickers placed about.

I wonder who this guy pissed off?
IMG_4137.jpeg

Watch where you put your finger Joe.
IMG_4138.jpeg

Bigfoot does not believe in you either.
IMG_4139.jpeg

After departing Truckee we drove down the east shore of Lake Tahoe on Hwy-28. This area is one of the most beautiful areas I can think of. Between the amazing blue water and the stunning mountain views it is crazy pretty- and thousands of other people think so too! It is becoming increasingly popular and each year more tourists flock to the area to enjoy its magic. The traffic was super bad and people parked and drove like complete idiots. Some Ra-Tard pulled out in front of us and it was all I could do not to hit him. I guess a huge, bright yellow Jeep must be really hard to see, however even this act of total Jack-Assery could not harsh my Mountain Lake Buzz and I continued to be super happy. 🤣😂

My Lovely Wife snapped these pictures. The water is crazy blue and clear which is largely based on its depth and cold temperature. When you kayak on the lake it is really hard to judge the depth due to the clarity of the water. What seems like 3-4 feet deep is actually twice or three times that depth.

IMG_5519.jpeg

IMG_4285.jpeg

IMG_4288.jpeg

IMG_4302.jpeg

IMG_5549.jpeg

After departing Truckee we drove down the east shore of Lake Tahoe on Hwy-28. This area is one of the most beautiful areas I can think of. Between the amazing blue water and the stunning mountain views it is crazy pretty- and thousands of other people think so too! It is becoming increasingly popular and each year more tourists flock to the area to enjoy its magic. The traffic was super bad and people parked and drove like complete idiots. Some Ra-Tard pulled out in front of us and it was all I could do not to hit him. I guess a huge, bright yellow Jeep must be really hard to see, however even this act of total Jack-Assery could not harsh my Mountain Lake Buzz and I continued to be super happy. 🤣😂

My Lovely Wife snapped these pictures. The water is crazy blue and clear which is largely based on its depth and cold temperature. When you kayak on the lake it is really hard to judge the depth due to the clarity of the water. What seems like 3-4 feet deep is actually twice or three times that depth.

View attachment 410086

View attachment 410082

View attachment 410083

View attachment 410084

View attachment 410085
Such a beautiful area. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

Top Bottom