Show Off Your Guns!

Put a Steiner 1-4X on my Ruger #1A in .308win.
A little funky on that rifle, but scope is pretty decent (have another rifle so equipped).

No deer worth shooting last yr (the #1A wore a 3-9X Vari Xii gloss).
Scoping a #1 is a PITA, but the Steiner let me get it back far enough w no offset rings (don't think they even make em for 30mm anyway).
Ideally a 1.5-5X gloss Leupold. But they've gone stoopid in price.

M8 12X in Warnes is back as far as it can go. Scope is minty, so avoided using %$#@ Ruger rings. Well, that and currently no offset rings available. Just pulled scope/rings off that .22 K Hornet and am debating on sending off for a synth stock. Maybe rebarrel to .243 win.

The beater on the right was my dad's .22-250. Still shoots OK, dunno round count. May risk sending back to Ruger for reblue, maybe even a new bbl.

three.jpg

Last edited:
So I got the CoolFire trainer to step up my dry fire practice and have to say this thing is pretty awesome. It’s as close to live fire as I think you can get. Although it doesn’t recoil as much as live ammo, I’d say it’s about 70% there. That being said, I’d like to add some laser activated targets to my training. Does anyone have some first hand experience they’re willing to share?

Top Bottom