Show Off Your Guns!

I picked up a couple 2011's last year.

My neighbor took me to one of those Two-Gun competitions last spring and I had a great time. Didn't do well, but I had fun and learned a lot. That damn spinning star thing really got me. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_4716.jpeg
    IMG_4716.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 11
I picked up a couple 2011's last year.

My neighbor took me to one of those Two-Gun competitions last spring and I had a great time. Didn't do well, but I had fun and learned a lot. That damn spinning star thing really got me. 🤣
Heard good things about those. Essentially a modernized, double stacked version correct? Also usually 9mm?

I’m definitely partial to the “classic” look of a 1911 given I really don’t see myself competing or going to the range that often and am leaning more towards strictly self defense.

Heard good things about those. Essentially a modernized, double stacked version correct? Also usually 9mm?

I’m definitely partial to the “classic” look of a 1911 given I really don’t see myself competing or going to the range that often and am leaning more towards strictly self defense.
Yup, both are 9mm.

I got the XL first. It's so smooth. I'm not experienced enough to feel the performance difference between a $500 and $5000+ gun, but I can see and feel the difference in the machining and build quality. That's what drew me to them. I bought the XC outside Sand Hollow during a wheeling trip last year. I had to go get a part for my trailer and stumbled across the Redcliffs Rifle and Pistol Range. Guy there says I need to check out the dealer in St George before we leave town. Glad I did. Next thing I know I'm shipping the XC to my local FFL.

We aren’t allowed to buy those here… No 2011’s on the roster yet. 🙄

Kimber makes a damn good looking 1911. I like the Stainless and Raptor - they’re on my list as well.
My understanding with Kimbers… Very tight Tolerances but not hand fitted which keeps the price down. So thats why you see a lot of complaints with Kimber. People have no patience for break in periods or they aren’t willing to fine tune them.

My understanding with Kimbers… Very tight Tolerances but not hand fitted which keeps the price down. So thats why you see a lot of complaints with Kimber. People have no patience for break in periods or they aren’t willing to fine tune them.
I have a couple of Kimbers, micro 9 and a 1911 45, I thought they'd never break in, ran a lot of rounds thru them and fine-tuned the slide in conjunction, it's a much nicer handling 1911 now.

Micro 9 did a trigger kit and recoil on it after I got it broken in, now I like it but still not my EDC, feels too much like a toy

Top Bottom