Should I put Rubicon decals on my COD:MW3 special edition?

Thanks for your opinions folks! I am primarily interested in the aesthetics. Frankly, I was shopping for a Rubi, but she was on the lot with 9k miles and they were only asking $29k for her. One of the first upgrades I was planning on was the AEV rear bumper and a dual top package, and she came with both for almost $10k less! I've never played Call of Duty and I'm not really interested in FPS games. I love the leather-like interior and the front and rear bumpers, but I'm not really a fan of the AEV hood. I never really considered the legitimacy of putting Rubicon decals on her until it was brought up on this thread. I don't want other jeepers thinking I'm a jackhole, but at the end of the day, she's my jeep. I'm considering the suggestion that I remove the COD badges. I understand it can be done without too much effort, but would there be a noticeable difference in the paint? She was built in January 2012 and has been kept outside for most of that time and I'm concerned there might be a noticeable patch where the badges were. So I'm interested in hearing the community's opinions on the aesthetics as well the legitimacy issue. Also I'd love to hear from anybody who has had first hand experience in removing factory badges. Thanks for the info and opinions, keep 'em coming!

Last edited:
Also I'd love to hear from anybody who has had first hand experience in removing factory badges. Thanks for the info and opinions, keep 'em coming!

Take the badges off, put the Rubi decals on. I took my trail rated badge off within hours of having it home, and if I look at the spot at just the right angle; I can still see where it was. Is it noticeable? not really; with yours I bet, with some clay bar and wax therapy, you won't even notice

If the MW3 came with locking diffs, electronic sway bar disconnect, and a 4:1 transfer case, then it's a Rubi. Feel free to add the decals as you see fit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If the MW3 came with locking diffs, electronic sway bar disconnect, and a 4:1 transfer case, then it's a Rubi. Feel free to add the decals as you see fit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice save e-man

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

I think you should order a set of rubicon sized wayalife hood decals like I did... I love it, and it's different! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389671966.090610.jpg

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Huh.....interesting. I like the WAYALIFE idea, or you could do Project-JK. Personally, I'd leave it with the CODMW3 stuff on it. If for nothing else, resale value.

Tapatalk

Thats what I was thinking :D The MW3 comes with all that stuff and additionals...so its really a Rubicon with a different badge

Last edited:
I have the COD MW3 2-Door. Yes it's a Rubicon, when I ordered mine I noticed how Jeep charged me twice for the hood, seats, bumpers etc. I paid for an entire Rubicon, then paid for all the AEV replacement parts. They actually gave me a parts list. I'm not big into the game, just liked all the AEV factory add-ons and I got a deal on it. It's been interesting having the MW3 logos. I come out of stores and find people gathered around my Jeep. Everything from young kids to college girls taking their picture next to the logo. I also thought about getting Rubi hood decals. Mine is black, and saw some decals that were a dark gray that looked good on a black Rubi. Kind of that shadow look.

If I had it to do again I would buy a Rubi and add the AEV stuff. Let me explain; the front "winch ready" bumper wasn't ready. Had to buy the winch plates and they are "special" for the COD so I paid $250 for that. Then you get the rear bumper without the spare tire carrier. It is also "special" for the COD so you have to buy the COD AEV spare tire carrier and the tanks. That will cost you a grand. It does have AEV skids, hood (without vents (I'm sure those are "special" and twice the price also)), Dash is cool - blue everything with the MW3 logo, oh shit handle has the limited edition number and logo, floor mats, spare tire cover, seats with MW3 logos... I've blacked everything out on mine, added Speaker head and fog lights, Warn winch, pillar spots. I did add the 3/4" spacers in the front after adding winch to correct rake. It's my daily driver so I want to stay away from lift and tires. Best mod I've done is replaced factory shocks with Bilstein 4600s. Huge, better handling difference.

So to answer your question, no I don't think it would be too busy with a darker color like dark gray.

There's my :twocents:

I knew the cod edition came with aev front and rear bumpers but didn't realize they came without the parts that actually make them worth having.......

Who cares what anyone says or thinks it's ur jeep if u like it DO IT!!!

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

I think I am going to put Rubicon stickers on my sons stroller. I wheel the shit out of that thing. It gets more off road time than my Jeep.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think I am going to put Rubicon stickers on my sons stroller. I wheel the shit out of that thing. It gets more off road time than my Jeep.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thats hilarious. I wanted a jeep strollers but my wife rolled her eyes so hard I thought she had a stroke lol

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

I too own a COD MW3 (Silver JKU) and have considered debadging and adding the Rubicon Stickers. The only reason I haven't is the interior seats would still have the MW3 embroidery which would just be weird. I have also considered using a black Sharpe to subdue the embroidery.

I also hardly ever play video games and have only played COD about three times. I just got a good deal on a relatively capable Jeep off the showroom floor. I bought it new but paid the price for a stock Rubicon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom