San Diego to Salt Lake

The family festivities came to a close last night and my drive back saw much of the same - only this time I did some exploring in Southern Utah on the way back down!
View attachment 410019
View attachment 410020
View attachment 410021

Guess where this was taken…. New record high for me!
View attachment 410022

Rolled over 80k on the JK! Man, the miles rack up fast! I’ve been seriously considering a daily driver for my work commute lately. Ideas?
View attachment 410023
Go full electric for your daily driver.

20 - 25 mins one way, really the mileage (17 miles one way) that adds up quick
Could tell your from California by the way you measure your commute, 20-25 minutes instead of the actual distance which you did put I know but that’s a funny California-ism. But 34 miles a day isn’t all that bad. If you figure registration costs insurance and maintenance on another vehicle your probably better off sticking with the JK unless you really want a little project type car like an older MG or Alfa Romeo sports car which would be a fun change of pace and could be picked up relatively cheap.

170 miles for a commute per week is a lot? Hell I don’t have a commute and don’t go to a job and I put more miles than that on in a week.
Never said it was a lot. Said it seems to add up quick. The 20k miles I’ve put on it the past year seems like a lot though, I don’t know. Just a random idea.

Never said it was a lot. Said it seems to add up quick. The 20k miles I’ve put on it the past year seems like a lot though, I don’t know. Just a random idea.
I bought a used VW Passat diesel in 2005 when I was commuting an hour away, worked out great until diesel jumped.
being in California, fuel cost would be my concern but don't listen to Bob and go full electric lol.
my mechanic always tells me, Toyota Camry or Corolla if you want a relatively maintenance free car.

Could tell your from California by the way you measure your commute, 20-25 minutes instead of the actual distance which you did put I know but that’s a funny California-ism. But 34 miles a day isn’t all that bad. If you figure registration costs insurance and maintenance on another vehicle your probably better off sticking with the JK unless you really want a little project type car like an older MG or Alfa Romeo sports car which would be a fun change of pace and could be picked up relatively cheap.
You’re very right. Was really a thought on preserving my Jeep a bit more rather than saving all that much money, and I would get something small and cheap for sure.

I bought a used VW Passat diesel in 2005 when I was commuting an hour away, worked out great until diesel jumped.
being in California, fuel cost would be my concern but don't listen to Bob and go full electric lol.
my mechanic always tells me, Toyota Camry or Corolla if you want a relatively maintenance free car.
One of my brothers has a Hyundai Ionic 5, and they are pretty happy with it. They do quite a lot of driving in San Diego County and the mileage on most of their vehicles was rapidly well over 300k.

Free electricity was provided for a year or two.

Full electric should be fine if the use case matches what you intend to do (e.g. daily driving in the city), and you have a second vehicle for everything else.

One of my brothers has a Hyundai Ionic 5, and they are pretty happy with it. They do quite a lot of driving in San Diego County and the mileage on most of their vehicles was rapidly well over 300k.

Free electricity was provided for a year or two.

Full electric should be fine if the use case matches what you intend to do (e.g. daily driving in the city), and you have a second vehicle for everything else.
Bob shut up I’m not buying a gay ass EV

Top Bottom