Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

Couple of us from the forum have a trip planned for the Rubicon from the 3rd-5th of October. If anyone is interested in joining let me know. Went last year at the same time and the weather was perfect, just a lil chilly at night. The minimum requirements are 33" tires, a rear locker, and some rock sliders/skids.

Going

1. 2013rubirick/Mrs.2013rubirick
2. crippledpetey
3. Panda/Crawler Kitty
4. Jk_b/c_Yolo
5. Branman
6. Ridg3runner
7. Rccrwlr(also has a friend coming in a 67 bronco)

Maybe

1. MTG
2. LoPo

Here is the new list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
I like them. Especially the safari top feature, but with a perfectly good soft top I don't see the need. I'm not sure if it will work with the deck and cooler on top. I think it will with a regular top, but I don't know about the slanted back. Edit, plus with a family, space is at a premium so I like the extra room with the regular top.

I'm getting ready to do a trial pack this evening. I have a hardtop only. I'm thinking the trektop for the convenience but not sure about the lost space. We'll see in a bit. Working on the diff covers now. I need to start a build thread...
1411783995865.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

I like them. Especially the safari top feature, but with a perfectly good soft top I don't see the need. I'm not sure if it will work with the deck and cooler on top. I think it will with a regular top, but I don't know about the slanted back. Edit, plus with a family, space is at a premium so I like the extra room with the regular top.

I'll let you know, when/if brown santa brings my cargo basket.

Ya I've even heard the 2013rubirick has volunteered to watch all the kids the whole weekend. Man what a guy :cheesy:

I may need to consider this trip then. Lol. This time of year is tough for wheeling as I coach my sons soccer team. But hopefully looks like this trip is going to happen. Fingers crossed for you all.

- Jason

I may need to consider this trip then. Lol. This time of year is tough for wheeling as I coach my sons soccer team. But hopefully looks like this trip is going to happen. Fingers crossed for you all.

- Jason

LOL 2013rubirick is great at soccer will probably have time to coach your kids too in between spotting crafts and bedtime stories!

- Jason

Awesome! :clap2: that would be cool if you make it!

This trial packing is working in my favor when the wife starts helping. Her "Where is this going to fit?" me, "that's why I need the LoD trail rack and gas caddy for my tire carrier!"
Lol
I really love that trektop but it's gonna make things tight. :banghead::banghead:

1411789368198.jpg

This trial packing is working in my favor when the wife starts helping. Her "Where is this going to fit?" me, "that's why I need the LoD trail rack and gas caddy for my tire carrier!"
Lol
I really love that trektop but it's gonna make things tight. :banghead::banghead:

View attachment 102550

Good thing you down sized and are traveling much lighter! :lol:

Lol

View attachment 102550

You need a Tuffy security deck. ;)

Lol

View attachment 102550

Maybe you should just buy a offroad trailer lol

Lol

View attachment 102550

Crap your already packed?!

--rccrwlr.

Trial pack. Last time was horrible. Lol

Top Bottom