Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

I just called the King Fire Info Line and the told me that they are unsure at the this time when Ice House Road will open, but that things could change at any point in time. They said the fire is West of Airport Flat and that it isn't traveling toward the Rubicon trail, just blocking off the entrance. That being said, they said that it has not harmed the actual Rubicon. So that's great news! However, both the exit (in Tahoe) and Ice House Road are currently closed. I'll keep calling for updates.

Apparently with the rain, which helped the fire, inhibited the fire fighters. I guess there were slides and they had to pull back a bunch of firefighters to camp to resolve issues there. Also, trucks couldn't make it up due to the slipping/mud, etc. That happened yesterday afternoon. At this time those men and women are back on the fire line and making progress.
Fingers crossed, they said there is still potential for re-opening and for the fire to be out by the time we take our trip.

:2thumbsup:....Good news take tons of photos and video :beer:

Nice! I was very reluctant to buy one, but have since come to love it. Probably one of the best "mods" I've done to date. :yup:

Sweet! That's what I'm hoping for! What about a Trektop? I want to order one of those!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sweet! That's what I'm hoping for! What about a Trektop? I want to order one of those!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

I like them. Especially the safari top feature, but with a perfectly good soft top I don't see the need. I'm not sure if it will work with the deck and cooler on top. I think it will with a regular top, but I don't know about the slanted back. Edit, plus with a family, space is at a premium so I like the extra room with the regular top.

Top Bottom