Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

Ok your in as a maybe. Hopefully for everyone's sake fires season stays slow. Hope you can make it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm really looking forward to this trip!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Apparently we're having a family get together that weekend, so I won't be able to make it. Good luck and have fun.

Ok as much as I hate building by committee, I need a committee decision. You guys have seen my jeep on the trail and how it performs, I would like some more protection underneath to be safe ..... "safeish"

I can do EVO Sliders before the trip.
-OR-
Do Oil Pan and Trans Skids and Diff covers before the trip.

being a noob driver I am thinking route 2 is the way to go. Are Rubi sliders too risky?

I am posting this here and not in the jeep tech forum as you will be the ones pulling me out! :doh:

(unlike Bobby I can't do everything for this run LOL!)

Ok as much as I hate building by committee, I need a committee decision. You guys have seen my jeep on the trail and how it performs, I would like some more protection underneath to be safe ..... "safeish"

-OR-

being a noob driver I am thinking route 2 is the way to go. Are Rubi sliders too risky?

I am posting this here and not in the jeep tech forum as you will be the ones pulling me out! :doh:

It's up to you but I would do the sliders. The Rubi skids aren't bad. I don't think Jason really has any added protection under his. Your jeep will make it though the way it is now. If you hit the Rubi rails hard they will fold into you body.

It's up to you but I would do the sliders. The Rubi skids aren't bad. I don't think Jason really has any added protection under his. Your jeep will make it though the way it is now. If you hit the Rubi rails hard they will fold into you body.

Sliders all the way , you have the height with 37s and 4" of lift. You can sell your rubi sliders and save for protek skids. You will have a lot of fun with the sliders not worrying about body damage.

I'm jealous of your tires and wheels!

-OR-

I don't know that's a tough decision :thinking: here is a pic of my oil pan after the rubiconImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410130143.488345.jpg
Stock sliders at least give you some protection

The wife says today, we're spend all this money on Armor to protect the Jeep. She's says if we just drove it on the road we could save money and it wouldn't get beat up. I said that right there is the reason we fall l under the "safeish" definition.

Then i said, that's why i don't own a Prius!

The wife says today, we're spend all this money on Armor to protect the Jeep. She's says if we just drove it on the road we could save money and it wouldn't get beat up. I said that right there is the reason we fall l under the "safeish" definition.

Then i said, that's why i don't own a Prius!

:clap2: :rock:

-OR-

I know I am not going on this trip, but hear me out –
If you hit your rock sliders too hard and get a little bit of body damage you will be sad. But if you hit your differential hard and the ring gear slices through the cover you are pretty screwed. Not to mention a tranny or an oil pan failure. What do you think is more important? Body damage, or mechanical failure?

Also- I pretty much always know when I am going to hit a rock rail and can go slow, but every now and then a rock sneaks up and smashes your differential without you even knowing.

I would go for the diff covers and oil/trans before the rails since you already have rubi sliders.

My .02

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

If you hit your rock sliders too hard and get a little bit of body damage you will be sad. But if you hit your differential hard and the ring gear slices through the cover you are pretty screwed. Not to mention a tranny or an oil pan failure. What do you think is more important? Body damage, or mechanical failure?

Also- I pretty much always know when I am going to hit a rock rail and can go slow, but every now and then a rock sneaks up and smashes your differential without you even knowing.

I would go for the diff covers and oil/trans before the rails since you already have rubi sliders.

My .02

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Those are really good points!

Those are really good points!

Besides, if he gets a little bit of body damage he would probably be excited to tell people it was from the Rubicon!

My .02

Yes this is why I was leaning towards option 2

Besides, if he gets a little bit of body damage he would probably be excited to tell people it was from the Rubicon!

I figured if my rails pushed up into the body I could just cover it up later with som EVO rock skins.

Now with all that being said , it all needs to get done anyways so I will probably just do it all.

Time to water the money tree!

-OR-

Tough call. I would probably lean toward protecting the belly and the differentials. I was fortunate to be able to get sliders, skids and covers before I ran the trail, but I was on 35's. I think no matter which one you choose, you'll end up wishing you had the other. :twocents:

Top Bottom