Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

Are you familiar with the Adirondack Park? It's considered state land, so it wouldn't show up on that map you provided. But here is snapshot of what I am talking about:

Same goes for Vermont and Maine...your more likely to encounter state land and parks than you are federal...just the way it is.

:cheesy: Sorry, I didn't include your beloved state park (as pretty as it may be) because I was excluding lands that you have to pay a fee to access.

By the way, I've come to realize I'm not the only one who views your attitude as hostile and narrow-minded:
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186817

It seems even many of your jeep comrades have a problem with how you treat other off-roaders.

:cheesy: Oh I get it. You come on to my forum to self-righteously preach at me about what you believe and somehow, I'm the one who's narrow-minded. As far as the losers over on JKO goes, I guess I now know what "grapevine" you were referring to. You know what, you should start a thread just like this with all your drivel over there. I'm sure you'll be embraced as a messiah :thumb:

:cheesy: Sorry, I didn't include your beloved state park (as pretty as it may be) because I was excluding lands that you have to pay a fee to access.

You have to pay a fee to access the Adirondacks? I guess I have been getting off easy for all those years I entered the park for free....:doh:

Now it's official...you really don't know anything about NY.

You obviously aren't familiar with upstate NY, Maine, and Vermont. There are a lot of remote wilderness areas to explore...maybe you should make the trip sometime in your rig.

Try this on for size (see what I did there?). Nevada is 110,571.82 sq.mi.; New York is 54,554.98 sq.mi.; Maine is 35,379.74 sq.mi.; Vermont is 9,616.36 sq.mi. So, Nevada has more land than New York, Maine and Vermont combined. Hell, even if you just compare the public land in Nevada (which is around 80% or more of all of the land), you are looking at over 88,000 sq.mi. of unimproved land. No less important is the diversity of the land over which you can travel.

Remote wilderness? We've got it. Maybe you should make the trip sometime in your rig.

You have to pay a fee to access the Adirondacks? I guess I have been getting off easy for all those years I entered the park for free....:doh:

Now it's official...you really don't know anything about NY.

Woe is me, I don't know anything about your tiny state or its parks. :grayno:

New York has more to offer than the Yankees and Broadway? Who knew? :thinking:

More importantly who gives a fuck? :idontknow:

I would love to know where these state parks that allow wheeling and camping where ever you please are in the Adirondacks. I have a house in the Adirondacks and have not found any areas that would let me just drive around where ever I please other than logging roads and designated off road parks. In northern Maine where there are just logging roads leading to forests where you could be lostish if you really screw up but there are plenty of rangers who will poke around and check in on you when they see a vehicle or fire. There you can do whatever in terms of camping and hiking but they will take offence to you "destroying" their trails off the logging roads with 4x4's.

Try this on for size (see what I did there?). Nevada is 110,571.82 sq.mi.; New York is 54,554.98 sq.mi.; Maine is 35,379.74 sq.mi.; Vermont is 9,616.36 sq.mi. So, Nevada has more land than New York, Maine and Vermont combined. Hell, even if you just compare the public land in Nevada (which is around 80% or more of all of the land), you are looking at over 88,000 sq.mi. of unimproved land. No less important is the diversity of the land over which you can travel.

Remote wilderness? We've got it. Maybe you should make the trip sometime in your rig.

I dunno, I just looked at a map of the area and it sure looks remote to me

adk-map.jpg

:idontknow:

I would love to know where these state parks that allow wheeling and camping where ever you please are in the Adirondacks. I have a house in the Adirondacks and have not found any areas that would let me just drive around where ever I please other than logging roads and designated off road parks. In northern Maine where there are just logging roads leading to forests where you could be lostish if you really screw up but there are plenty of rangers who will poke around and check in on you when they see a vehicle or fire. There you can do whatever in terms of camping and hiking but they will take offence to you "destroying" their trails off the logging roads with 4x4's.

There is no offroading in the Adirondacks. It is a state park and you need to stay on designated roads. I spent lots of time there when I lived in NY.

...In northern Maine where there are just logging roads leading to forests where you could be lostish if you really screw up but there are plenty of rangers who will poke around and check in on you when they see a vehicle or fire....

:cheesy::cheesy::clap2::clap2:

This is very true! I love Nevada! My buddy has a cattle ranch which is so big they NEED PLANES, A HANGER AND THEIR OWN PRIVATE RUNWAY to find lost cattle(in case of medical emergencies too). Now that is a place you can get lost in. His CJ broke down way out o 12ish hours of walking away from his house along the way we had to shoot a mountain lion that was getting a bit too bold and avoid an elk and it's young... I have yet to find anything rivaling a place like that in NE.

Top Bottom