Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

The irony of your post is that the only people who think there are two "groups" are people who think a built up rig is only useful on the rocks.

The irony of your post is that the only people who think there are two "groups" are people who think a built up rig is only useful on the rocks.

I guess I just don't recall seeing that notion thrown out by any overlanders throughout this thread but I could have missed it.

Lol oh isn't it ironic? Don't you think? Lmao.

Agreed. Way out of left field an "Overlander" attorney arrives to shed some disgust with the thread. SaharaUnltd. Might I ask what "bashing" you speak of?

What's wrong worth THAT? Just cause its not a rock crawler your bashing it? Sheesh..

But seriously that is a badass rig. Can't imagine what it cost $$$,$$$

Did I bash it? Oh wait nope! You could live in that thing! Well I could, your to fancy........:cheesy: BTW finish translating everything in your head before typing! :doh::brows::cheesy:

Lol oh isn't it ironic? Don't you think? Lmao.

Agreed. Way out of left field an "Overlander" attorney arrives to shed some disgust with the thread. SaharaUnltd. Might I ask what "bashing" you speak of?

Just the standard sarcasm that states im badass as hell and I don't have a snorkel or roof rack. I really just don't get it. It really reminds of the "Sahara are mall crawlers" thread from JKF from 4 or so years ago. If everybody is out enjoying their jeep and its capabilities, why does the build style matter...

Just the standard sarcasm that states im badass as hell and I don't have a snorkel or roof rack. I really just don't get it. It really reminds of the "Sahara are mall crawlers" thread from JKF from 4 or so years ago. If everybody is out enjoying their jeep and its capabilities, why does the build style matter...

If that is what you took from this thread you either a) didn't read it all or b) read it looking to take from it only what you wanted to suit your already formulated opinion. :yup:

Yes, but if you remember the guy who started that thread promptly got crushed by almost the entire forum on JKF. I don't even think it made it to post #2 before members were schooling him.

This thread may have begun as a serious question by Wayolife, but it became apparent very early on that people who tend to gravitate towards being a self describe "Overlander" tend to be the one who feel the need to categorize people and their vehicle types, they take it way too serious.

Out of the hundreds of (if not much more than that) people I have known or met in the Offroad community, I honestly have never heard anyone refer to themselves as a "Rockcrawler" or what we do is "rockcrawling". Kind of ironic isn't it that the greatest majority of the guys you meet in any of these comunities will never use either of the terms to describe themselves. Great name for a magazine though.

Edit; I take back part of what I said....obviously OverlanderJk feels the need to identify himself as an overlander. However after meeting him, I have to admit he is the most overlander'ing motherf&$@#% I have ever met. So he gets a free pass

Last edited:
If that is what you took from this thread you either a) didn't read it all or b) read it looking to take from it only what you wanted to suit your already formulated opinion. :yup:

C) Well, I've read 75%+ of it and I really initially didn't have any type of a pre-formulated opinion when I started following this thread. I came into it open minded realizing that fellow jeepers in different areas and situations are going to build based on their own needs. To me, Moby is an awesome rig but so is a Camel Trophy Land Rover. I guess my appreciation of capable rigs is more inclusive than some.

Yes, but if you remember the guy who started that thread promptly got crushed by almost the entire forum on JKF. I don't even think it made it to post #2 before members were schooling him.

This thread may have begun as a serious question by Wayolife, but it became apparent very early on that people who tend to gravitate towards being a self describe "Overlander" tend to be the one who feel the need to categorize people and their vehicle types, they take it way too serious.

Out of the hundreds of (if not much more than that) people I have known or met in the Offroad community, I honestly have never heard anyone refer to themselves as a "Rockcrawler" or what we do is "rockcrawling". Kind of ironic isn't it that the greatest majority of the guys you meet in any of these comunities will never use either of the terms to describe themselves. Great name for a magazine though.

Edit; I take back part of what I said....obviously OverlanderJk feels the need to identify himself as an overlander. However after meeting him, I have to admit he is the most overlander'ing motherf&$@#% I have ever met. So he gets a free pass

I ball hard.

(Not sure what that means just heard someone say it and it sounds fitting :idon'tknow: )

C) .......to me, Moby is an awesome rig but so is a Camel Trophy Land Rover. I guess my appreciation of capable rigs is more inclusive than some.

you are correct, but since I have owned a Camel Trophy build LR and now have (minus the new LS motor) a build very very close to Moby, I can certainly say from experience there is reason why I no longer drive the Camel Trophy build.....it's not as capable.

C) Well, I've read 75%+ of it and I really initially didn't have any type of a pre-formulated opinion when I started following this thread. I came into it open minded realizing that fellow jeepers in different areas and situations are going to build based on their own needs. To me, Moby is an awesome rig but so is a Camel Trophy Land Rover. I guess my appreciation of capable rigs is more inclusive than some.

Sorry, C wasn't a choice. :)

But I will suggest that you might have taken comments of some that were made tongue-in-cheek a bit too seriously.

x2...and every self proclaimed "overlander" states a minimalist approach to mods that make the vehicle less likely to break down...pretty sure by that definition JAGS is an overlander and he's one of us non-categorizers! :yup:

I will say that he has some parts accumulating and he's about to unzip the lower portion of his britches and free himself from category :thumb:

x2...and every self proclaimed "overlander" states a minimalist approach to mods that make the vehicle less likely to break down...pretty sure by that definition JAGS is an overlander and he's one of us non-categorizers! :yup:

I will say that he has some parts accumulating and he's about to unzip the lower portion of his britches and free himself from category :thumb:

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Wow you know him well don't you?

Now this!! This is what I call the ultimate overlander!! When you're in a place like Afghanistan and are worried about whether or not your rig will be able to make it across the hostile terrain, just hitch a ride on top of a bus...

szczepana-gluszczaka-6.jpg

:thumb:

Top Bottom