Rock Krawler 3.5 X Factor Mid Arm Pro Lift - Opinions?

ill throw my 2 cents in on this as well

i had the 3.5 x factor on my old 08 JKUR

first off the goods, its a very stout kit it was very complete i didnt have to add anything to it, and it could flex like hell i loved that about it. and on a JKU with 37s and stock trimmed fenders it was IMO a perfect stance and height.

now the bads and most are repeats of what others have said

i had my "no maintenance" polyurathane bushings go bad i called RK and they didnt do shit just said well thats weird they should do that guess you will have to buy new ones and charged me full price for them.

most of my other problems were with the rear 1" "stretch" i had sway bar frame side attachment bolts sheer off from taking it off and moving it back and inch, the rear drivers side shock contacts the raised track bar bracket, the provided bump stop contacts the frame side trackbar mount, and my rear coils were bowed like a mother fucker. Not to mention i felt like the ride was a bit stiff but hey its a jeep that didnt bother me and it rode better than my buddies on teraflex and rough country lifts.

I ended up going back to stock rear lower control arms and a set of currie adjustable uppers, moved the sway bar back to stock location and that seemed to fix the problems i was having.

not to mention if this is the first lift you have ever installed as it was my second (first with all adjustable control arms) it really did take a while to get everything the exact same length, obviously doable if you take your time but trying to get my alignment right with my skill level at the time was a huge PITA

IMAG4802[1].jpg
IMAG4896.jpg
IMAG4897.jpg
IMAG4898.jpg
IMAG4899.jpg

not a terrible kit by any means but i thing i would go a different route if i were gonna do a 3.5" lift again

DSC_0728.jpg

Top Bottom