Return to Calico 6-10

Doran bypass closed

Didn't read the whole thread so not sure if this was mentioned.

The Bypass for the GateKeeper to Doran is closed, you need to run the gatekeeper in order to run Doran.

My club lead the Calico run for High Desert Roundup over Memorial Day Weekend, when we arrived at the left turn for the bypass a new post was in the ground letting us know the trail was closed. Within a few minutes the Ranger pulled up to make sure we did not go around the post. Not sure what the issue is since we did a pre-run in March with no issues. Ranger made it sound like it should have been closed back in March but wasn't signed at the time.

You can go around the sign no problem but not a good idea.

Have a great trip!

Didn't read the whole thread so not sure if this was mentioned.

The Bypass for the GateKeeper to Doran is closed, you need to run the gatekeeper in order to run Doran.

My club lead the Calico run for High Desert Roundup over Memorial Day Weekend, when we arrived at the left turn for the bypass a new post was in the ground letting us know the trail was closed. Within a few minutes the Ranger pulled up to make sure we did not go around the post. Not sure what the issue is since we did a pre-run in March with no issues. Ranger made it sound like it should have been closed back in March but wasn't signed at the time.

You can go around the sign no problem but not a good idea.

Have a great trip!

i put a text to Dean he should chime in here soon. He pre ran it last weekend.

This route has been open for years so if its magically closed now then signs and barriers should have been installed. I didnt see any and pretty sure I would have noticed them. I will call BLM and Calico tomorrow to find out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Doran Gatekeeper. The Gatekeeper is the original entrance to the Doran Loop but it has washed out to a series of boulders and holes that tend to claim as much carnage as successful passages. In the past there was a bypass around the "Gatekeeper" but has recently been blocked off by management of the "Calico Ghost Town Campground". Please repect the blockage as there is an ongoing attempt to regain access to the bypass. The gatekeeper bypass is open as of 4/2012, just starting in a slightly different area. It is now right off the main trail head off Calico Ghost town road, about a mile away from gatekeeper.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom