Quick tire fit question - please dont shoot me!

You guys will forgive me but 315/70/17's measure almost 35" in height but that is TALLER than a standard 35x12.50 which have an actual height of about 33". Trying to run tires this big on a stock height Jeep is kind of like trying to run a small 37x12.50.

Always great to have your input Eddie. Thanks! :thumb:

I ran my 35" x 12.5" Nitto Trail Grapplers at stock height for one week you need to chop the fenders remove all the fender liners, remove the stock bumper skid/splash guard, you will rub stuff at full lock(I did with 3.5" BS) so avoid that, avoid speed bumps and potholes. I would not run them if you are waiting a while for the lift. You can always do a small coil spacer lift or budget boost and avoid these issues and install it yourself in very little time.

I ran my 35" x 12.5" Nitto Trail Grapplers at stock height for one week you need to chop the fenders remove all the fender liners, remove the stock bumper skid/splash guard, you will rub stuff at full lock(I did with 3.5" BS) so avoid that, avoid speed bumps and potholes. I would not run them if you are waiting a while for the lift. You can always do a small coil spacer lift or budget boost and avoid these issues and install it yourself in very little time.

thanks for the info! Yeah I plan on doing all the trimming and then putting them under there, evaluating the situation, and then budget boosting if/as necessary. Or i might just throw them in the garage and wait until i order my big boy lift and all. Its just killing me being stock! I'm so anxious! :gaah:

thanks for the info! Yeah I plan on doing all the trimming and then putting them under there, evaluating the situation, and then budget boosting if/as necessary. Or i might just throw them in the garage and wait until i order my big boy lift and all. Its just killing me being stock! I'm so anxious! :gaah:

http://www.northridge4x4.com/suspen...rock-krawler-jk-1-75-budget-based-l-t-system?

199.99 for 1.5" boost and quick disco's if you dont want to wait, says it will clear 33" x 12.5 so you should be ok with trimming and 35". You may be best off waiting to get the lift you really want at the same time as the tires/wheels and not rush in and have them sit.

Mickey Thompsons are good tires made in the USA by cooper. the Mickey Thompson atzp3 315/70-17's run a little smaller than toyo 35/12.5-17 when mounted sided by side off the jeep. measure about .25" shorter. right or wrong that is what they measure side by side on 17x9 rims with 28psi. Mastercraft mxt's in 315/70-17 are also a bit shorter so I think it depends on tire companies. Nothing is ever consistent.

yeah, I have never personally had Mickey Thompson's, but I have only heard great things about them. They are a very proven off-road tire. There's a specialty Wrangler dealership up the road from my house, and the only tire he puts on the Wranglers he sells are Mickey's.

I dont have any personal experience with those tires but I would stick with name brand for something as important as tires. You can fit 35s (315/70/17) with no lift and cut flares but I would get a lift before you buy 35s. Just my 2 cents

I'm not partial to Mickey Thompsons but they are a staple in the off-road world. They've probably been around longer than Nitto for the off-road world. Would you consider Maxxis to be name brand?

I've had Maxxis tires on my last 2 vehicles and have been very impressed with them. I don't know that I would be as tempted to buy them if my wife didn't work for them, but they're still a good tire.

Yeah there are definitely a bunch of great tires. That's why I like trying out different ones. So far I have had three different types and have liked them all. I've tried BFG Muds KMs, KM2s, Goodyear Drutracs, and now I'm going to try the Mickey Deegans

Yeah there are definitely a bunch of great tires. That's why I like trying out different ones. So far I have had three different types and have liked them all. I've tried BFG Muds KMs, KM2s, Goodyear Drutracs, and now I'm going to try the Mickey Deegans

I don't think you'll be disappointed. Hopefully they're mounted up black wall out because the white letters are pointless...ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433464610.689638.jpg

lol u don't think Mickey Thompson is a name brand??

Not in the off road community

I'm not partial to Mickey Thompsons but they are a staple in the off-road world. They've probably been around longer than Nitto for the off-road world. Would you consider Maxxis to be name brand?

Yea I should have added Maxxis and Pitbull but those tires are generally used on the more extreme rigs.

Top Bottom