Quick tire fit question - please dont shoot me!

Not in the off road community

Yea I should have added Maxxis and Pitbull but those tires are generally used on the more extreme rigs.

I mean this as nice as I possibly can buddy, you sound like a complete idiot for saying that Mickey Thompsons aren't that known in the off road community. Hell, the man that started the company was freakin off road racer.

I mean this as nice as I possibly can buddy, you sound like a complete idiot for saying that Mickey Thompsons aren't that known in the off road community. Hell, the man that started the company was freakin off road racer.

LOL! Well somebody asked me what I thought were name brand tires and I told them. I dont know how someones opinion can be wrong?:thinking: You can have a different opinion but that doesnt mean mine is wrong..? Also you changed the wording from what I said "Name Brand" to "Well known" which in my opinion are two very different things. Name Brand in my opinion and what I found when I googled the definition means

Name brand
n.
1. A brand name that is widely known and usually has a good reputation.

Name brand as it states above is a brand that usually has a good rep. From the people that I know that have run the tire they have had nothing but bad things to say. Ive heard them refered to as a second tier tire. But hey this is just me and my opinion. To each his own.

LOL! Well somebody asked me what I thought were name brand tires and I told them. I dont know how someones opinion can be wrong?:thinking: You can have a different opinion but that doesnt mean mine is wrong..? Also you changed the wording from what I said "Name Brand" to "Well known" which in my opinion are two very different things. Name Brand in my opinion and what I found when I googled the definition means

Name brand
n.
1. A brand name that is widely known and usually has a good reputation.

Name brand as it states above is a brand that usually has a good rep. From the people that I know that have run the tire they have had nothing but bad things to say. Ive heard them refered to as a second tier tire. But hey this is just me and my opinion. To each his own.

This has gone a little farther than it needed to, so this will be all the last I add to this topic, other than wanting to see the wheels and tires once the OP has them mounted on his rig.

You gave your opinion that Mickey Thompson tires were not considered to be a "Name Brand" tire, when the OP asked a question about whether the tires would fit. He didn't ask for opinions on the tires themselves. You were then asked what you thought of as "Name Brand" tires, because most people would consider Mickey Thompsons as "Name Brand". You never stated your opinion as to why you thought they weren't "Name Brand" until now. Had your orignal response to the OP stated that you had heard from people that you know that have run Mickey Thompson tires, that they did not like the tires and why, we would never be where we are now. Stating that you would not buy them because of experiences you have heard would have been a much better way to convey your opinion, instead of stating that Mickey Thompsons are not a "Name Brand", because that is simply not true.

Anyways, Will, have yourself a great day and hope you can make it out tomorrow. To the OP, please post up pics and your thoughts once you get them. I'm interested to hear what you think as I have not heard much about this particular model.

:thumb:

I think mickey Thompson was one of the first to come out with dedicated off road tires. Mickey was an off road legend and Brian Deegan aint no slouch lol.

Top Bottom