PROUD to have VOTED

Again, I don’t disagree. I don’t particularly like politicians from either side, at any level. But, elections have consequences and we have nobody to blame but ourselves for the current state of our republic.

I’m pretty sure that I have previously said on this forum that I believe there are better ways to ensure that every person lawfully able to vote has the ability to do so, and that their vote can be confirmed. It’s laughable to me that every day folks like you and me have zero issues using things like docusign to sign our lives away to 30-year mortgages, to file our taxes and receive our refunds, and that the biggest companies in the world conduct business through electronic transactions...but we are afraid to implement a true electronic voting system. But, but, fraud!

I’m tired of hearing about voter fraud. Proving fraud (in a civil context) requires “clear and convincing” evidence. Proving criminal fraud is an even higher standard. Despite all of the chest pounding and bloviating, I have yet to see anyone actually meet the requisite burden, much less even meet the lower civil standard of a “preponderance of the evidence.” Anecdotes are worthless. Many, many conservative judges across the country weighed the various arguments and “evidence” and found nothing that would indicate a concerted attempt to steal an election or actual fraud. Just saying it happened doesn’t make it true, unless you are five and on the playground. But I digress.

Let’s take today’s actions down to an individual level. If I think a police officer is not correctly enforcing the law, what should I do under our constitutional republic? Punch him/her in the face, take his/her patrol vehicle, and pronounce myself as the real “law”? If not, why not? How in the fuck is that any different than storming the Capital Building through force? Oh, wait...patriot. Well, the distinction between a patriot and a seditionist is merely a matter of who ultimately wins control of the government, right?

And to those of you who would say “it’s time to throw them all out of Congress”. Through force, really? And who do we put in their place? The person who did the storming? You? Me? What a fucking joke!!

The far right is no different than the far left. Opinions only matter to them if they are the opinions they want to hear. From where I sit, they can both fuck right off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
tenor.png

Could not agree more.

Again, I don’t disagree. I don’t particularly like politicians from either side, at any level. But, elections have consequences and we have nobody to blame but ourselves for the current state of our republic.

I’m pretty sure that I have previously said on this forum that I believe there are better ways to ensure that every person lawfully able to vote has the ability to do so, and that their vote can be confirmed. It’s laughable to me that every day folks like you and me have zero issues using things like docusign to sign our lives away to 30-year mortgages, to file our taxes and receive our refunds, and that the biggest companies in the world conduct business through electronic transactions...but we are afraid to implement a true electronic voting system. But, but, fraud!

I’m tired of hearing about voter fraud. Proving fraud (in a civil context) requires “clear and convincing” evidence. Proving criminal fraud is an even higher standard. Despite all of the chest pounding and bloviating, I have yet to see anyone actually meet the requisite burden, much less even meet the lower civil standard of a “preponderance of the evidence.” Anecdotes are worthless. Many, many conservative judges across the country weighed the various arguments and “evidence” and found nothing that would indicate a concerted attempt to steal an election or actual fraud. Just saying it happened doesn’t make it true, unless you are five and on the playground. But I digress.

Let’s take today’s actions down to an individual level. If I think a police officer is not correctly enforcing the law, what should I do under our constitutional republic? Punch him/her in the face, take his/her patrol vehicle, and pronounce myself as the real “law”? If not, why not? How in the fuck is that any different than storming the Capital Building through force? Oh, wait...patriot. Well, the distinction between a patriot and a seditionist is merely a matter of who ultimately wins control of the government, right?

And to those of you who would say “it’s time to throw them all out of Congress”. Through force, really? And who do we put in their place? The person who did the storming? You? Me? What a fucking joke!!

The far right is no different than the far left. Opinions only matter to them if they are the opinions they want to hear. From where I sit, they can both fuck right off.

🦈 on [emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eloquent as always Sharks, thank you for the thoughtful response. :thumb:

Can someone please start a new fucking Jeep build or something around here? Goddamit Brute, go do a massive four-wheel burnout or something......

Eloquent as always Sharks, thank you for the thoughtful response. :thumb:

Can someone please start a new fucking Jeep build or something around here? Goddamit Brute, go do a massive four-wheel burnout or something......

Amen to both points. We need level headed responses and burn outs as distractions.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

This^ 100%. There needs to be a few new builds and maybe an influx of redundant newb questions to provide some “beer and circus”

Newb here!! What set of axle upgrades are needed for a 40 inch tire and how much will a 6.4l hemi improve my performance??

Also, what Teraflex components should I add first, how big can I go on wheelspacers, and what causes death wobble???

There.....fixed this topic stream.

Sent from my SM-G781U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Newb here!! What set of axle upgrades are needed for a 40 inch tire and how much will a 6.4l hemi improve my performance??

Also, what Teraflex components should I add first, how big can I go on wheelspacers, and what causes death wobble???

[emoji23]

None
None
None
No limit
Biden

Also the libs are fine watching this rioting shit all summer long and now they are incensed with what happened today. I am seriously sick of those liberal fucks.

This is going to result in the left trying to clamp down on civil liberties very soon. Also better hide your black guns.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! I wonder how proud those boys will be then. Fucking people can’t see the forest for the trees.

I really want to respond to this thread but I have no intelligent words for any of this. I may just go have a stroke instead I’m so fucking worked up. I have so many things going through my head right now. I really want to apologize to my daughter for bringing her into this fucked up shit show of a country, I hate so much about it right now. Every generation wants their kids to have it better than they did, well I think we fucked our kids out of that too. I could go on but I know I’m not making any sense so I won’t

I really want to respond to this thread but I have no intelligent words for any of this. I may just go have a stroke instead I’m so fucking worked up. I have so many things going through my head right now. I really want to apologize to my daughter for bringing her into this fucked up shit show of a country, I hate so much about it right now. Every generation wants their kids to have it better than they did, well I think we fucked our kids out of that too. I could go on but I know I’m not making any sense so I won’t

I can really relate to how you feel as a parent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just spent the last half hour in the Youtube rabbit hole and this came up. Anyone remember the 2016 roast where Trump & Cinton had some fun with each other? Yeah, me neither. All i did was stare at Maria Bartiromo's rack :brows:

rack.jpg

Top Bottom