Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

He can’t make it from Roseville to Carson city on a charge? That seems odd. Also seems like a load of shit.
He probably didn't have a full charge from the night before because they're not supposed to charge them between the hours of 4pm-9pm....haha. CA is so stupid
What Jesse said ^^^ Or at least, not starting off with a full charge is what the guy told me. He also said that in its most practical sense, he only gets a 200 mile range at most.

Correct. All electric everything, including lawn mowers and accessories, but the grid can’t handle it so don’t charge. California is a wonderful state. Everyone should move there.
We moved out of California in 96 cause we couldn’t stand the way it was heading back then. It’s sad and pathetic that such a beautiful state is so fuckd up. Sadly I can see the entire country is heading in that same direction.

We moved out of California in 96 cause we couldn’t stand the way it was heading back then. It’s sad and pathetic that such a beautiful state is so fuckd up. Sadly I can see the entire country is heading in that same direction.
Well, one thing is for sure, there's a cackler who wants to be chief and she's done wonders for San Francisco (y)

What Jesse said ^^^ Or at least, not starting off with a full charge is what the guy told me. He also said that in its most practical sense, he only gets a 200 mile range at most.
That’s sad. I looked them up last night and even the top end most powerful one claims more range than that.

Correct. All electric everything, including lawn mowers and accessories, but the grid can’t handle it so don’t charge. California is a wonderful state. Everyone should move there.
I see news from 2022 about this. I can not find anything more recent. Was it made permanent? Can someone find evidence/proof of current restrictions?

I know that where my brothers live (near San Diego) the utility charges astronomical rates (e.g. 37 cents per KW hour) during that time-frame, when people are most likely to be using a lot of electricity.

I see news from 2022 about this. I can not find anything more recent. Was it made permanent? Can someone find evidence/proof of current restrictions?

I know that where my brothers live (near San Diego) the utility charges astronomical rates (e.g. 37 cents per KW hour) during that time-frame, when people are most likely to be using a lot of electricity.
Yes this is true. I know as recent as last year they were saying to not charge your electric vehicles during that time frame. And yes SCE has their TOU (time of use rates) and it's more expensive during that time frame. It was never a mandate, just a suggestion to prevent rolling black outs.

Yes this is true. I know as recent as last year they were saying to not charge your electric vehicles during that time frame. And yes SCE has their TOU (time of use rates) and it's more expensive during that time frame. It was never a mandate, just a suggestion to prevent rolling black outs.
The main reason rates are higher in the 4 - 9 time slot is because the sun is going to bed. The solar power becomes nonexistent and the utility companies have to generate more power to fill the void. We don’t have enough power plants so power has to be purchased from the out of state grid.

Besides solar the only new power comes from peaker plants which only come online when more power is needed. They really screwed up the San Onofre power plant! 😡
Yeah I recently traveled the hwy 138 between the Hwy 14 and I-5. I was amazed at the solar arrays out there. As far as the eye can see. I hadn't been out that way in at least 15 years it's crazy how these things are popping up all over. It's just the desert no one minds I guess...🤬

Yeah I recently traveled the hwy 138 between the Hwy 14 and I-5. I was amazed at the solar arrays out there. As far as the eye can see. I hadn't been out that way in at least 15 years it's crazy how these things are popping up all over. It's just the desert no one minds I guess...🤬
Except for any birds that get fried.

Medical system, insurance and the like.

Recently broke and dislocated my big toe. Went to ER and did the whole deal. Called for a follow-up today (follow up doctor is only open until noon on Fridays). They want $300 for a follow-up or $500 if it was broken. This is with no insurance since we are self pay (no really but have alternate insurance). $500 for a doctor to look at my toe and tell me that it’s healing fine. Does not include any X-rays or anything else. Strictly for a checkup and visual.

Fuck right off with that. The medical system in this country is broken beyond repair.

Medical system, insurance and the like.

Recently broke and dislocated my big toe. Went to ER and did the whole deal. Called for a follow-up today (follow up doctor is only open until noon on Fridays). They want $300 for a follow-up or $500 if it was broken. This is with no insurance since we are self pay (no really but have alternate insurance). $500 for a doctor to look at my toe and tell me that it’s healing fine. Does not include any X-rays or anything else. Strictly for a checkup and visual.

Fuck right off with that. The medical system in this country is broken beyond repair.
You are still way ahead if you’re not paying insurance. Until something serious happens.. then you’re really fucked.

You are still way ahead if you’re not paying insurance. Until something serious happens.. then you’re really fucked.
We don’t have traditional insurance. We have coverage in the form of cost sharing so we still have a monthly bill. Insurance for us outright was over $1000 a month with high deductibles and copays and that was just medical. It’s crazy how expensive it is.

We don’t have traditional insurance. We have coverage in the form of cost sharing so we still have a monthly bill. Insurance for us outright was over $1000 a month with high deductibles and copays and that was just medical. It’s crazy how expensive it is.
Yup.. I pay an average of $450 a month.. Just recently visted my doctor for the first time in 12 years for a check up.. Thats 65k for nothing… had to visit the ER or Urgent care a few times in that 12 years and still got charged.. And my insurance/deductible is considered “good”. Fucking Robbery. The only way I can justify it in my head is its a tax write off… and if I get in a bad accident I’m sort of covered. I feel your frustration.

Yup.. I pay an average of $450 a month.. Just recently visted my doctor for the first time in 12 years for a check up.. Thats 65k for nothing… had to visit the ER or Urgent care a few times in that 12 years and still got charged.. And my insurance/deductible is considered “good”. Fucking Robbery. The only way I can justify it in my head is its a tax write off… and if I get in a bad accident I’m sort of covered. I feel your frustration.
Luckily our urgent care is $120. We have used it a couple times because both the wife and I got strep and had to go there to get a prescription. But they are good. I found out I was allergic to the amoxicillin and went back in and they just looked at me in the lobby, gave me a prescription for steroids and sent me on my way. No charge.

It’s also dumb that you can’t just get amoxicillin without going to see a doctor. When I first had it I went to the Walmart pharmacy to get tested, they tested twice and both times they said came back negative. Charged me and I left. Had to go to urgent care the next day. They didn’t even test they said it was so obvious, which I knew.

The crappy thing is there is zero repercussion for bad or missed diagnosis. I am just out the money.

Top Bottom