Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

Luckily our urgent care is $120. We have used it a couple times because both the wife and I got strep and had to go there to get a prescription. But they are good. I found out I was allergic to the amoxicillin and went back in and they just looked at me in the lobby, gave me a prescription for steroids and sent me on my way. No charge.

It’s also dumb that you can’t just get amoxicillin without going to see a doctor. When I first had it I went to the Walmart pharmacy to get tested, they tested twice and both times they said came back negative. Charged me and I left. Had to go to urgent care the next day. They didn’t even test they said it was so obvious, which I knew.

The crappy thing is there is zero repercussion for bad or missed diagnosis. I am just out the money.
Yup.. If I walk in the door or need meds.. its cheap.. but If I need an Xray or Tests, or Go in the ER vs urgent care… they bend me over on top of my monthly… The deductible has all this fine print bullshit.

I’m not even against insurance.. the problem is we are paying for insurance fraud, illegals, people that simply dont pay and said people that choose an unhealthy lifestyle. Thats the problem.

Yup.. If I walk in the door or need meds.. its cheap.. but If I need an Xray or Tests, or Go in the ER vs urgent care… they bend me over on top of my monthly… The deductible has all this fine print bullshit.

I’m not even against insurance.. the problem is we are paying for insurance fraud, illegals, people that simply dont pay and said people that choose an unhealthy lifestyle. Thats the problem Insurance
I think part of the problem is “health” insurance hasn’t been insurance for a long time. When you go to a Dr for a check up you submit it to insurance. When you take your car in for an oil change you don’t submit the bill to an insurance company. Insurance should be to cover catastrophic incidents like a broken toe chest x-ray ETC. Not Drs visits. Again we can thank the politicians for HMOs which was the start of the upward spiral in our healthcare costs and downward spiral of care.

I think part of the problem is “health” insurance hasn’t been insurance for a long time. When you go to a Dr for a check up you submit it to insurance. When you take your car in for an oil change you don’t submit the bill to an insurance company. Insurance should be to cover catastrophic incidents like a broken toe chest x-ray ETC. Not Drs visits. Again we can thank the politicians for HMOs which was the start of the upward spiral in our healthcare costs and downward spiral of care.
And insurance companies dictate what doctors can do. My mom tore her ACL recently and the doctor had to submit to insurance to see if it was covered since it was a complete tear. wtf is that?

Don't know the situation, but if she is covered by MediCare or MediCaid then they have to get permission for every procedure unless it's a dire emergency.

Medical system, insurance and the like.

Recently broke and dislocated my big toe. Went to ER and did the whole deal. Called for a follow-up today (follow up doctor is only open until noon on Fridays). They want $300 for a follow-up or $500 if it was broken. This is with no insurance since we are self pay (no really but have alternate insurance). $500 for a doctor to look at my toe and tell me that it’s healing fine. Does not include any X-rays or anything else. Strictly for a checkup and visual.

Fuck right off with that. The medical system in this country is broken beyond repair.
Offer 20 turkeys as payment. The older way of doing things. 😀

Cellular companies in general, Verizon specifically.

On 24 Jun 2024 my wife and I switched carriers and phones. That is 11 days into the billing cycle. Verizon is trying to charge me a full month.
First email from them with final billing I requested an itemized hard bill in the mail. Never got it. Called in and talked to a FOREIGN representative and they told me I had missed a payment for Apr-May, I gave them the confirmation number for payment. Backed up, hemmed and hawed.
I requested AGAIN an itemized hard bill in the mail. Still nothing.

Today, I get a notice it's been sent to collection agency. I try to contact agency, no beuno. Call Verizon back and get another FOREIGN representative. She tries the same tact, tells me I have a past due. I tell her the only past due is the Jun 13-24 that I owe them that I've never been billed for. She says that I have been billed for it, it's the amount due they show. I told her that an 11 day prorate can't be the same amount as my monthly bill. She starts talking in circles, I ask for supervisor, she starts giving lame excuses and right now is stalling me.

Don't want to, but will engage a lawyer if they ding my credit. Will also go after my lawyer fees when I do it.

On 24 Jun 2024 my wife and I switched carriers and phones. That is 11 days into the billing cycle. Verizon is trying to charge me a full month.
First email from them with final billing I requested an itemized hard bill in the mail. Never got it. Called in and talked to a FOREIGN representative and they told me I had missed a payment for Apr-May, I gave them the confirmation number for payment. Backed up, hemmed and hawed.

Today, I get a notice it's been sent to collection agency. I try to contact agency, no beuno. Call Verizon back and get another FOREIGN representative. She tries the same tact, tells me I have a past due. I tell her the only past due is the Jun 13-24 that I owe them that I've never been billed for. She says that I have been billed for it, it's the amount due they show. I told her that an 11 day prorate can't be the same amount as my monthly bill. She starts talking in circles, I ask for supervisor, she starts giving lame excuses and right now is stalling me.

Don't want to, but will engage a lawyer if they ding my credit. Will also go after my lawyer fees when I do it.
No such problems with Google Fi. Most cell providers do charge for full months of service.

So it sound like switching from ATT to Verizon would be like cutting off my nose to spite my face? Keep talking about switching but we’ve never really had any problems with ATT

So it sound like switching from ATT to Verizon would be like cutting off my nose to spite my face? Keep talking about switching but we’ve never really had any problems with ATT
Verizon has been nickle and dime raising the monthly for 2 years. I switched to T-Mobile and cut my monthly in half and now have unlimited data.

Helps that T-Mobile's Senior plans are pretty fair.

The "gray people" that somehow exist to make life difficult for the rest of us.

Ever notice there seems to be a sub-group of the population that seems to be a gigantic pain in the ass for everyone else?
They always seem to do everything just a little different than the rest of society thereby fucking the entire system up.
Always the person that can't find their magic shopper card at the checkout, or they HAVE to give the cashier the exact change and proceed to count out of the .99 cents in change one coin at a time but drop pennies everywhere and have to go chase them down, or they stop 15 car lengths back from the car in front of them at the redlight, or fall behind the same amount only letting half the cars go through the light.

I sometimes wonder if they're plants to provide amusement for the overlords....

One particular California registered semi driver, mother fucker ran me off the road I-40 westbound in New Mexico at 75 mph.
had I not been paying attention he would have hit me.
I laid on the horn and held it as he forced me out of the lane and, did he stop crossing over when he got into the lane? Fuck no he kept coming over and I was forced out of the emergency Lane.
I'm pretty confident in saying had I not had the suspension and tires on this Jeep I would not have been able to keep control of it at 70 mph on the grassy rough shit.
Hitting the brakes was not an option as it was starting to slope off to the right and I thought for sure I was going to end up rolling it but he finally woke the fuck up, pulled it back into the far left lane where he started and I was able to get back on the asphalt before the next guard rail came up.
glancing in my side mirror, I could see all the traffic behind us coming to the halt as they were preparing for an accident.
The fucker is registered in California, the company name shows only one driver so I'm sure calling in a complaint I'm going to talk to the motherfucker that ran me off the road.
I'm going to refer to the truckers in the group, is there another agency I can report this?

One particular California registered semi driver, mother fucker ran me off the road I-40 westbound in New Mexico at 75 mph.
I laid on the horn and held it as he forced me out of the lane and, did he stop crossing over when he got into the lane? Fuck no he kept coming over and I was forced out of the emergency Lane.
I'm pretty confident in saying had I not had the suspension and tires on this Jeep I would not have been able to keep control of it at 70 mph on the grassy rough shit.
Hitting the brakes was not an option as it was starting to slope off to the right and I thought for sure I was going to end up rolling it but he finally woke the fuck up, pulled it back into the far left lane where he started and I was able to get back on the asphalt before the next guard rail came up.
glancing in my side mirror, I could see all the traffic behind us coming to the halt as they were preparing for an accident.
The fucker is registered in California, the company name shows only one driver so I'm sure calling in a complaint I'm going to talk to the motherfucker that ran me off the road.
I'm going to refer to the truckers in the group, is there another agency I can report this?
Happened to me last month driving back from California towing a trailer. Trucker passed me on the right, got his cab past me and came into my lane. I was about 2 seconds from putting it into the guardrail or into the side of his truck. I was able to slow enough and keep it together. Drove up to pass him, fucker was about 60 and digging for gold in his nose. Asshole.

We stopped taking IH-40 a few years ago due to all of the trucks, and the fabricated traffic delays.

It seems more pleasant to drive in one of the 10 "loneliest" highways. But even then we got a taste of trucker traffic when a train burned next to IH-40, and they shut the west-bound side down. Sure there are some added risks of driving through "nowhere", but there are also many benefits.

Top Bottom