Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

I agree deff still a skill people should know. Hell I remember driving to hockey games with my mom as a kid and using road maps to give her directions!

Yea, we call it death by GPS. Perfect example, while pre-running Goler Wash for PVD one of our club members ran into a couple from Africa in a rented IIRC Ultima looking to get to Las Vegas! The were almost to Mengal pass and he wondered how in the hell he got that far!

You CANNOT blindly follow the damned GPS, you have to use your brain at some point in time.

Excellent points, but we're talking different animals here. The context I was referring to was going from Pittsburgh, Pa to Savannah, Ga. I'm sure as shit not breaking out an atlas for that. Now in your contexts, hell no, I'm not relying solely on ANY electronic device when
on a trail anywhere. I want map(s) for that for damn sure.

Excellent points, but we're talking different animals here. The context I was referring to was going from Pittsburgh, Pa to Savannah, Ga. I'm sure as shit not breaking out an atlas for that. Now in your contexts, hell no, I'm not relying solely on ANY electronic device when
But it still is in the same context. I've used maps to travel all over the country. An atlas paired with the signs provided on the roads will get you anywhere and everywhere. Will also give you the ability to analyze your route and not just get a 'fastest time' or shortest distance' option. GPS is taking the fun out of traveling.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I get it. I remember when you had to do that, and I'd have a slip of paper, saying turn north on hwy whatever, about 20 miles past whichever city. The good old days, right? :p

The only reason I use maps or an atlas is on a road trip vacation. I like to look at the map and kind of mosey along in a general direction, and take 2 lane highways for the sights. Yes, I'll have the GPS programmed to my eventual destination.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I get it. I remember when you had to do that, and I'd have a slip of paper, saying turn north on hwy whatever, about 20 miles past whichever city. The good old days, right? :p

The only reason I use maps or an atlas is on a road trip vacation. I like to look at the map and kind of mosey along in a general direction, and take 2 lane highways for the sights. Yes, I'll have the GPS programmed to my eventual destination.

Yup, I never blindly follow my GPS. I review where I'm going and know ahead of time where I want to get to but also program the destination onto my phone. HOWEVER when I am in a really congested area or somewhere I'm unfamiliar with that GPS
telling me to get ready to turn in a half mile when I'm in bumper to bumper traffic in Richmond on a 6 lane highway sure is handy!

Now, if I'm sitting in an office and someone says how do you get to Savannah Georgia, I'm not dusting off my atlas - I'm plugging that into Google maps.

But did you get them all folded back up properly? Now THAT's a skill!
You clearly don't know me well enough by now then to know that thing was folded with precision [emoji23][emoji23]
lol believe it or not some of my games were 3 hours away or so and we still used it. Now a days with technology tho I'm not sure I would bust one out.

Wait. Guy is pissed cause people don't use google maps?

Shit I'm the exact opposite. I hate gps units and have an atlas or Thomas guide with at all times.

GPS are horrible at finding alternate routes and they get all kinds of screwed if your anywhere around elevated freeways.

What REALLLLLY pisses me off is people saying you need such and such amount of lift to fit a certain size tire. Because, what you really need is a certain amount of bumpstop, fender clearancing, and/or wheel backspacing. The lifting only serves to regains uptravel if you add bumpstop.

The lack of details nowadays perpetuates stupid.

Sent from my galaxy s5 but it would've been quicker to drive my jeep there and tell you.

Wait. Guy is pissed cause people don't use google maps?

Shit I'm the exact opposite. I hate gps units and have an atlas or Thomas guide with at all times.

GPS are horrible at finding alternate routes and they get all kinds of screwed if your anywhere around elevated freeways.

Lets re-clarify because this is a dogpile. I should have been more specific: I use Google Maps to look up every place that I am GOING to go to that is new. I can zoom in and out to see the route that they suggest and then decide if I want to use it. I can manipulate the map however I want. With an atlas I have to go from West Virginia on page 82 back to whatever hell page Maryland happens to be on. So if I'm sitting in an office wondering how to get from Pittsburgh to Savannah, fuck the atlas, yaay Google maps.

Lets re-clarify because this is a dogpile. I should have been more specific: I use Google Maps to look up every place that I am GOING to go to that is new. I can zoom in and out to see the route that they suggest and then decide if I want to use it. I can manipulate the map however I want. With an atlas I have to go from West Virginia on page 82 back to whatever hell page Maryland happens to be on. So if I'm sitting in an office wondering how to get from Pittsburgh to Savannah, fuck the atlas, yaay Google maps.

I'm offended by maps and GPS. I'm going to form a special interest group for people just like me.

Happy Thankgiving WoL!

Today, it's trying to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and seeing a bunch of skits, broadway musicals, and people talking.

Give us the balloons, marching bands, you know, a parade!

I guess it's just NBC that pisses me off =P.

I have gotten to where I hate the Monday memes on Facebook.

We know you hate Monday, everybody hates Monday's. But you don't have to say it a new cute way every fuggin week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have gotten to where I hate the Monday memes on Facebook.

We know you hate Monday, everybody hates Monday's. But you don't have to say it a new cute way every fuggin week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

64509792.jpg......

Top Bottom